Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

"% change between" condition issue Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mpetty
Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 6:58:02 PM

Hi Bruce, 

When I am monitoring my indicators on columns in a watchlist (ex. Moving Average 9) I would like to make several columns with the condition that will indicate "% change between" less than 1% moves. Examples 0.25% to .35%, 0.50% to 0.60%, and 0.75% to 0.85%. 

The lowest % indicated by the "% change between" condition  is 1.00%. Incidently 1.00% is shown as 0.01 in the "% change between" condition entry field.

If you could add 1 space that would be fine, but 2 spaces would be ideal. Examples 0.0025, 0.005, 0.0075  to get the partial %'s I listed above.

Thanks a million for your help.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:07:15 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

Note that it might be possible to just write formulas for what you want to use as WatchList columns.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
mpetty
Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:57:36 AM

When I enter the numbers above to try to get less than 1% like .0025% (quarter %) the software just reverts it back to 1% as that is it's current lowest ability to calculate.

Unless I'm missing something?

Could you give me an example "Formula" for the quarter% listed above?

Thank You,

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:26:39 AM

Worden Trainer

The calculations use single precision floating point math. This amounts to about seven correct significant digits (be they before or after the decimal). The display can get rounded however (usually to two digits past the decimal).

Let's say you wanted to create a condition for the the absolute % change between the current and previous value of the 9% exponential moving average being less than 0.25%:

100 * ABS(XAVGC9 / XAVGC9.1 - 1) < .25

Now if the issue is that you want to display the value of the % change in a WatchList column and the WatchList column is getting rounded off to two digits past the decimal, you can right click on the name of the WatchList column at the top of the WatchList and select Edit. Not all WatchList columns will have this, but there will usually be a Decimal Places setting in either the main tab of the Properties tab of the Edit Column window.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles