Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mpetty
About
User Name: mpetty
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: I'd like to avoid having warrants appear in my scans
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 1:22:10 PM

I was hoping it could be automated. For instance, 1)remove any symbols that end in W. 2)remove any symbols that contain more than 4 letters. 

I could follow your advise above but then I would have to hand sort 6000 stocks, that could take weeks.

Help!,

Topic: I'd like to avoid having warrants appear in my scans
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:18:43 PM

Hi Bruce, Could you figure a way to limit a scans results to stocks and not include warrants? Example, SOLO showed up in my scan this morning (that's a good thing), but also SOLOW the warrant for that company showed up to (thats a bad thing). 

Thanks,

Topic: 4 letter symbols
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2018 7:19:22 PM

How do I limit my search results to include only companies with 1 thru 4 letters in thier symbols?

Thanks,

Topic: I have 2 Bollinger Band channels on a chart.
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 12:38:49 AM

Ok, I understand now. I was just choosing it the first time not realizing it would revert back to the channel top. Also while it's in the column I could right click on it to get the drop down windows again to make the final choice.

Thank you.

Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:06:24 PM

No, I click on the indicator (Bollinger Band) not the chart.

Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:03:45 PM

No the bottom ones do not indicat correctly even when i choose that in the pull down window. 

Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:49:42 PM

I have colored 1 blue and the other white. When the "top" lines cross they show up in a column I have in a scan.

The problem arises when the "bottom" ones cross they are not indicating in a column I have in that scan.

Although the top lines show up in a perfectly ideal way, I can not use the top lines as they do not work for invesment purposes. 

What I would like is for the bottom lines to indicate correctly in the column I have in the scan the way the top ones do.

Please Help

Thank You.

Topic: Bollinger Bands are different?
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:02:24 PM

Is it possible in the future releases?

Thank you Bruce?

Topic: Bollinger Bands are different?
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:50:14 PM

Hi Bruce,

I noticed that on a 1 minute chart the Bollinger Band lines results are different when I have the bullet marked "Always" on in the "Show Pre/Post Market Data" compared to when I have the bullet marked "Never". 

The correct one for me is the one  when "Always" is chosen.

Is there some way to have a list I could just click through to see which stocks (usually a half dozen or so) are trading before the regular open at (9:30am) ?

The only  way I can do it now is to click through thousands of symbols pre-market to see the correct Bollinger Bands and that's too time consuming and hurts my eyes to do it for too long.

Thank You,

Topic: 2 envelope channels on a chart
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2018 6:14:18 PM

I have an intraday chart up with 2 Envelope Channels. 1 based on a 40 moving average and the second 1 based on a 10 moving average.

When I create a scan to recognize when the "top" of that channel crosses up the "top" of the other channel it works great.

What I would like to scan for is when the "bottom" of that channel crosses up the top of the other channel. As the program is now it doesn't seem recognise that condition? 

Also I would like it to indicate the condition of the "bottom" of 1 channel crossing up the "bottom" of the other channel?