Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

VWAP on TC2000 different than DAS and TOS Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
osaga
Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 12:01:54 PM

Maybe I have a setting wrong, but VWAP on TC2000 is plotting somewhat higher than TOS or DAS for me. I have TOS and DAS calculating pre/post market. I am pretty sure TC2000 is as well (there is no setting to edit this). Also, when I do turn off pre/post market calculations on DAS and TOS the plot is still different than what is showing on TC2000.

Here's an image to show this point.

https://ibb.co/cV5avT

Any help as to why there is a difference will be greatly appreciated. Being off this much is a big issue for my trading.

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, June 22, 2018 12:17:38 PM

Worden Trainer

The VWAP indicator in TC2000 is not based on the tick data (well unless you are using the tick time frame). It is based on the data on the chart using the selected intraday time frame of the chart.

You will in fact get different values for VWAP when you change time frames as a result.

The calculations for the plain VWAP are similar to the calculations for the Moving VWAP in TC2000.

The difference is that x is going to be how many intraday bars have passed in the trading day so far (which will be different at each bar of the trading day).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles