Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Alerts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Palmbeachtrader
Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 1:15:55 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Any chance of bringing back the 'each time it crosses' option in alert settings? Unless I am missing something, as it is now if I want an alert for a  moving average crossing up and then down another average or price above and below a condition I have to set two alerts. Once each has triggered I then have to restart the alert for the opposite condtion each time it crosses. If the condition occurs mutiple times a day and with multiple stocks you have nothing but busy work trying to maintain the alert console to keep alerts active. The old setting for each tme it crosses allowed creating one alert for two condtions with no manual restarts.

Also wondering if the 'Paint' option from  Stockfinder is ever going to be incorporated into TC2000?.......Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 1:32:27 PM

Worden Trainer

I have checked as far back as TC2000 v12.3 without seeing Alerts having this option (it is just crossing up or crossing down at least that I can find, not a plain crossing option without specifying a direction).

You could create a formula for either crossing up or crossing down and using it as an alert. For example, you could use OR (this is based on a 10 period simple moving average).

XUP(C, AVGC10) OR XDOWN(C, AVGC10)

Or you could use the SGN() function (this is based on a 20 period exponential moving average).

SGN(C - XAVGC20) <> SGN(C1 - XAVGC20.1)

You should be able to set the the alert to automatically restart fairly quickly on its own so you don't need to manually reset it throughout the trading day.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Palmbeachtrader
Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:31:58 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Thank You Bruce. I guess I confused that with something else although I have been using only TC for the last seven years so who knows.  I have been using formulas

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:32:57 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles