Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000 18 Bugs Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Habanero772
Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:17:21 PM

So, I have came across a few bugs very recently, some of which I believe came from recent updates.

Bug #1: Switching/selecting stocks from a list and the shown chart is the last symbol selected with the newly selected symbol and name. (I can post screen shots if you like. This has happened at least 3 times over the last week.

Bug #2: Certain (but not all) realtime charts freezing while others are displaying real data. They do not resume displaying data until the chart is switched or until the program has been restarted. This has happened 2-3 times in the last week.

Bug #3: Continued blank/black screens when switching charts or charts loading. This has been going on for at least a month now pretty consistently despite assurance the issue is being addressed.

Bug#4: My computer froze in the middle of trading. While a computer freezing could be many things this is the first time it has happened... ever, making The new TC2000 with updates a likely suspect. 

Another issue. I have noticed updates to the software are implemented during regular U.S. stock exchange hours. While there is an option to skip the download and the process, with frequent restarts of the software which is having problems, this adds one more issue to the mix. In my opinion it is not a good idea to implement these software updates during regular market hours.

While I expect to be referred to technical support and have been down that road before, submitted an issue, told it was passed on and received no resolution as the problem still persists.

These issues are significant and can pose serious problems for long term, intermediate, and expecially day traders. I think in the best interest of the customers and the software I believe these issues are serious enough to be addressed publicly by the company/management/software developers. While traders/investors are often "alone" in their pursuit of financial gain I think Worden has the duty to ensure their software has basic functionality for their customers offering as level as a playing field for the markets as possible.

I am a big fan of TC2000 and Bruce on the forums. I am looking forward to your response.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:43:57 PM

Worden Trainer

I will pass the information on to development and management, but in this case there is not much difference between posting your report in the forums versus sending an email besides other people seeing and possibly having additional information to provide on the issues or workarounds and fixes that have worked for them.

My small involvement here is going to have no impact on how it is handled once I pass it on. It isn't something like, "Why don't you have this indicator?", where there is good possibility I might be able to create something for you using the built in tools.

It does add an extra step to the process, but it is a minor one and not a big deal. I will copy the information from the post into the customer service system and assign it to the appropriate parties instead of having the email assigned directly to the appropriate parties. If this has already been submitted by you previously it will be combined into the original report to hopefully provide more information when it is being investigated by development.

Any follow-up from us would most likely be by email instead of in the forums.

As mentioned earlier, you might get some feedback from other customers which could be useful.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Habanero772
Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 4:51:39 PM

Thank you Bruce for your reply and the information. 

Any one else experiencing these issues with possible solutions or insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.

miketom7777
Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2018 9:50:33 AM

I experience "bug #3" on a regular basis, "continued blank/black screen when switching charts," mentioned by Habanero772.  I like TC2000 very much and am in the process of opening a brokerage account but would like some help with this problem.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:23:36 AM

Worden Trainer

Please contact technical support.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles