Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

When does Pivot Point values change to account for current day close? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
airrun
Posted : Sunday, February 18, 2018 5:57:04 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I'm trying to set up a trading plan for next day trading based on floor trader pivot points.

But, I need the PP values at the close of the current day, based on current days highs, lows, close, etc...

I know the PP formulas are using values such as H1, C1, L1, etc ....

When does the current days values become historical (H1, C1, etc...) vs H, C, L (current day)?

I would like for these "next day" PP to show on my chart after the close of current day data as soon as possible vs having to wait in the morning for that days PP values to show on chart.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:27:22 AM

Worden Trainer

I don't think the values change until the start of the next trading day (and if I am wrong, it would change at midnight USA ET).

If you want to get the values early, subtract one from all of the bars ago parameters for the formulas (so use H, L, and C instead of H1, L1, and C1 in the formulas).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
airrun
Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:06:32 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bruce, thank you. I'm a little confused though. Wouldn't H2, L2, C2 be values from the last two days and still not be counting the current day?

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:31:34 AM

Worden Trainer

You are absolutely correct. You would need to subtract and not add one to all of the bars ago parameters. Corrected above.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles