Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Sector Character (Cyclical/Defensive, S), Identifying Candlestick Formations On The Chart, Organisin Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BogdanV
Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:02:10 AM

Hi Bruce,

A couple more questions:

1. When I plot a stock chart, the Watermark shows in brackets three symbols, C, D, and S. I know that C stands for Cyclical and D for Defensive but don't know about the S. Can you please let me know and also explain what it represents?

2. Can I plot candlestick patterns (or identify them) on the chart?

3. I want to have for instance the Nasdaq 100 stocks on one page but not on a list that I can scroll down to see all symbols. Rather than a scrollable list, I want to have several sets of columns across the screen. In other words, I want to have for instance columns of 10 stocks each, next to each other, so that I have ten columns of ten rows, much like a table rather than a list.

4. Is it possible to plot various events on the chart? For instance, earnings calls, upgrades/downgrades, news related to the company, etc...

Thank you

BV

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:20:48 AM

Worden Trainer

The Super Sector Indexes are SSX10 - Cyclical, SSX20 - Defensive, and SSX30 - Sensitive.

The Boolean PCFs for Candlestick Patterns topic has condition formulas which can be used to identify a wide variety of candlestick patterns. If you use one of the condition formulas as the Boolean Formula in a Custom PCF % True Indicator, it will will plot a spike on the chart when the condition formula is true to point to the candlestick pattern.

You can add as many charts to your layout as you want.

If you set the symbol linking icon in the upper right corner of the chart to grey - not linked, the chart will not automatically change symbols when selecting a symbol in a WatchList.

There are markers available for some events and not others.

You can add notes and use things like the text drawing tools in order to add your own markers to the chart manually.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
BogdanV
Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:53:31 AM

Thank you Bruce. Very helpful indeed. Appreciated.

BV

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:54:33 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles