Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Trying to add condition to an existing scan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Thirstyapples
Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 11:52:12 AM

Hello. I am trying to add a condition to an exitising scan but am stuck on one part. I am trying to add the that current price on the 15 min is within certain a percentage of the 13 exponential moving average. So for example I want to add the that current price is within .25% above the 13 EMA on a 15 minute time frame. And while we are on the subject is it possible to write instead of certain percent higher than the 13 EMA to use a dollar figure such as 5 or 25 cents above the 13 EMA? For example on the second part of my question is it posible to add the the current price is within 5 cents above the 13 EMA on a 15 minute chart? The only conditon is see that is pre-built when trying to write this myself is Price history vs 13 EMA is crossing up, crossing down or above 13 EMA or below 13 EMA. Thanks in advance for your asstiance. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 12:02:06 PM

Worden Trainer

If you are interested in the percentage version, you can use envelope channels for this. The indicator plots lines the specified percentage above and below a moving average centerline. So you can check for price to be less than the upper band for example.

It may or may not be easier for you to use a formula for his. For example, if you want price to be above the but within 0.25% of the 13 EMA, you could write this as follows.

XAVGC13 < C AND C <= 1.0025 * XAVGC13

With the dollar value, you would probably be best off using a formula. If you want price to be above but within $0.05 of the moving average, it could be written as follows.

XAVGC13 < C AND C <= XAVGC13 + .05

Make sure the time frame of the conidtion formulas is set to 15 minutes.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Thirstyapples
Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 12:51:09 PM

Bruce. Thank you so much. Just entered it into an existing scan and is working perfectly. Going to tinker around with the values a bit now. Thank you again for your assitance. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 12:57:47 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles