Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Black Opening Marubozu Candle Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:16:31 PM

Worden Trainer

A Black Opening Marubozu Candle is a Opening Marubozu Candle which opens at the high of the candle and will also be a Long Black Candle as a result. It has a lower shadow / wick.

H = O AND C > L AND O - C > 3 * AVG(ABS(O - C), 15) / 2

Black Opening Marubozu Candle

Attachments:
Black Opening Marubozu Candle.gif - 3 KB, downloaded 933 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:35:52 PM

I know this ain't gonna fly in the forum or even the help file, but diagrams and graphics of the candles would be HUGE. Candlesticks are such a visual thing.

I can still see this being a great reference for its TC2000 PCF formulas, which is probably the ultimate goal, but I don't think it'll make Amazon's Best Seller list with all text.

Kidding, of course. For folks who know a little about candles and just need a brief description and want the PCF, this is great stuff. And the links will help them navigate around.

Gotta go. New barista today ;)

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:46:02 PM

Worden Trainer

Ultimately there will be a list (actually probably multiple lists) of different candlestick patterns in a table (or tables) similar to the Indicator Formula Template Table (but simpler since most candlestick formulas don't have parameters like indicators).

Each pattern will link to its own short article just like with the indicators. I am planning on including images (and will probably add those to the forum versions as well), but haven't delved into exactly how to add them.

I can generate artificial data in StockFinder to create images very much like what you see on most candlestick websites with perfect little candles lined up in the ideal pattern, but don't have a way to do the same in TC2000. So I may use SF to create the ideal images and then include some examples of the messier patterns actually found when using the formulas for scanning so I have images from TC2000 in the articles.

It may be better to create some sort of visual syntax and use a graphics program to generate the ideal versions of the candlestick patterns instead of using SF for this. It is possible to convey information about the possible candle states this way which could otherwise only be done by displaying multiple examples. At this point, I really don't know how I am going to handle it.

I probably won't have any interpretation advice beyond possibly mentioning if a pattern is bullish or bearish (which is frequently part of the name of the pattern in any case). But we might be able to link to some external websites with information about each pattern if they are interested in the traffic.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles