Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000 2017 Education roadtrip Detroit my thoughts as a Canadian Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
hayesamichael
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 2:56:38 PM

As a Canadian, I drove from toronto area 3.75 hrs to the Detroit and book a hotel for 1 night

since it says on the website  the 4 classes for the 2 days would be different material

• Preregister or walk in for any of the sessions. Two sessions on Friday, two on Saturday (10am & 1:30pm each day).
  • All four sessions are different material.
  • Admission is Free.

I like Michael Thompson as a teacher, very good, been to his education class a couple of times before

BUT WAS VERY SURPRISED WHEN Michael Thompson  SAID FIRST MORNING THE TWO DAYS WOULD BE THE REPEAT OF EACH OTHER,

I wish they would of said that on the website instead of telling you this in person very misleading

since I wouldn't of book a  hotel and waste the second day there ( couldn't cancel the hotel paid up front and no money back)

As for the education I knew coming to class  Worden has 2 business to promote the -- TC2000 and the brokerage bussiness  so was expecting only half the time on TC2000 of education.

As a Canadian I wouldn't travel very far next  time to a education class since The Brokerage Bussiness is only for US customers ( Michael Thompson was very up front and Honest about this in which I liked tell the customer the truth its for US people only and not coming to Canada,  Barry (Michael)  associate should be just as honest instead it might come to Canada)

Cheers

Michael

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 3:50:05 PM

Interesting. I've been going to these for years, and known both days were the same content. The days can vary slightly because a different audience asks different questions, and the market is open Friday and closed Saturday, but...

I actually attend both days anyway, because I'm a slow learner. :) ... and since Michael only hits town once a year, I want to maximize my experience.

I even book a room at the same hotel, even though I don't have nearly as long a drive as you do. I just make it a little mini staycation.

That said, ...

Bruce,

I went to http://www.tc2000.com/training-schedule and sure enough, it says...

"All four sessions are different material."

I think that's inaccurate, unless they've made recent changes I'm not aware of ... and it can cause problems for folks like Michael that travel almost 4 hours to get there.

You might want to ask the training folks and the webmaster to review that part of the webpage. 

Just a thought.

Michael, sorry about your experience. Hope you got a lot out of class anyway. Michael Thompson is awesome. As for their brokerage being for US customers only, it sounds like you weren't aware beforehand. I've lived in the US all my life so I've never had to deal with this issue, but I do know that brokerages are limited in the countries they can service. a simple call or email to http://www.tc2000.com/customer-support would probably have cleared that up for you before you decided to make the trip.

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 4:01:09 PM

Went back to my email archives, and Worden's email seems to have it right - it lists one agenda for both Friday & Saturday. So again, barring some recent changes I'm thinking the wording on the webpage should be changed.

Just a thought. :)

hayesamichael
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 7:58:31 PM

UnclePennybags

coming into the class I knew the brokerage bussiness was just for US customers only

but thought out of the 2 days I would get 1 day of class time since they said each class would be different

thanks

All four sessions are different material.

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:02:37 AM

Michael,

Glad to hear you were aware of the brokerage being only for US customers. I misunderstood that part of your post.

Sorry that line on their webpage is misleading about the four sessions being unique. For years the Friday and Saturday sessions have had the same agenda, and the emails they send out about the classes say as much. For some reason their website and their emails aren't on the same page.

Bruce, I think the web folks and the training folks should have lunch and talk about the language on the webapge. :)