Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Need PCF Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
almtreeservices
Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2017 4:46:11 PM

for 50 day historical volitality. Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:39:03 AM

Worden Trainer

Please try the following Indicator Formula for TC2000 v17.

1600 * ABS((SUM(LOG(C / C1) ^ 2, 50) - LOG(C / C50) ^ 2 / 50) / 50) ^ .5

Implied Volatility and Historical Volatility

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
855MRZILLA
Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 3:51:10 PM

hello Bruce
I like the formula that you have on the easy scan formula

1600 * ABS((SUM(LOG(C / C1) ^ 2, 50) - LOG(C / C50) ^ 2 / 50) / 50) ^ .5

I do everything right when I go to save scan and I click okay it brings it to another screen and yes I guess I have to select the value what does that mean if you can kind of explain that a little bit  

Thank you very much and God bless and as always if you could send me in the right direction I can read up and really understand the and all this other formulas and criteria
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:03:26 PM

Worden Trainer

It reads like you are creating an EasyScan and it comes up with the Add Condition window. You are then select Write New Formula to create the formula.

When you do so, the EasyScan is expecting a formula which returns true or false (and Is true is selected). Since the 50 day historical volatility returns a numeric value instead of true or false, it can't be a condition in and of itself.

So it gives you the option to convert the numeric value into a Boolean (true or false) value instead. You can check for the value to greater than, less than or between specified values. You can also check for the Rank of this value versus other symbols instead of looking at the value directly. In any case, once this is checked, the resulting numeric value has been converted to returning true or false instead based on whatever comparison you set up.

If you want to avoid this, select New | Indicator (PCF) Formula instead of creating an EasyScan. This will allow you to create the Indicator Formula directly instead of creating it as a byproduct of creating an EasyScan.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles