Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Dot in Watchlist Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
lc29470
Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:33:22 PM

Bruce is there a way to add a color dot to a watchlist, when the  TTM   Squeeze is On, or true ?

I tried but was unsucessful.

Thanks L.C.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:37:05 PM

Worden Trainer

Try using the following Condition Formula as a WatchList Column.

STDDEV(20) * 4 <= 3 * ATR(20)

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
lc29470
Posted : Thursday, February 2, 2017 3:56:22 PM

Thanks  Bruce , that did it !

You are the best.

L.C.

bcochrane
Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 9:53:59 AM

I'm trying to tidy up my TTM Indicator charts, based on the above formula. It looks simpler and faster than the original.

Should STDDEV(20) * 4 > 3 * ATR(20) be a Squeeze Off indicator? If so, how should on set the Scaling parameters? (In my first attempt, the Not True ended up on the zero line, and the True at the top of the chart panel. I simply reversed labels, and it looks OK :-) Then I lost the scaling altogether. When I change the formula in the TTM chart you distribute, I lose dots altogether. Help

Next, I thought, can I combine the two PCF's into one? (Not really combine, because that implies two formulae, but just use one formula). First thought, plot as short (Not taller than a dot) histogram with negative values turned on. But I don't know how to set scaling so histogram shows along zero line.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 11:35:27 AM

Worden Trainer

If you want a Formula to use in a Custom PCF Indicator with the Dot Plot Style which plots dots at the zero line, then you would use something like the following for Squeeze On.

0 / (STDDEV20 * 4 <= 3 * ATR20)

And something like the following for Squeeze Off.

0 / (STDDEV20 * 4 > 3 * ATR20)

Combining these into single formula to use in a Custom PCF Indicator using the Histogram Plot Style is fairly straightforward with the exception of scale.

IIF(STDDEV20 * 4 <= 3 * ATR20, -1, 1)

Or possibly the following but it would return -1, 0 and 1 instead of just -1 and 1 (although I think the possibility is so rare as to be theoretical).

SGN(STDDEV20 * 4 - 3 * ATR20)

The problem is that we are plotting fixed values. We could divide the results by 1000 and that might work for some symbols but not other symbols because the scale of the Momentum indicator plotted in the same scale as the Squeeze indicator can vary dramatically between symbols. 

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bcochrane
Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:18:12 PM

Thanks Bruce. Got it to work with the first two formula as Custom True PCF Indicators, except I deleted the first two characters in each (0/). I was getting errors with those two formula as written (Divide by zero)

Set the Scaling for both as Custom, Bounded by Top & Bottom, Max Value 50, Min Value 0

Did play a bit with the single formula, but as you suggested, couldn't get the scaling to work.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 12:20:45 PM

Worden Trainer

The divide by zero is intentional. The error makes it so no dot gets plotted when the stuff inside the parentheses in the denominator is false and a dot gets plotted at the value in the numerator when true.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bcochrane
Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 1:51:34 PM

OK, I'm a bit dense today. What type of Custom Indicator do I create (True, etc) and what is Scaling?

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 6:54:58 PM

Worden Trainer

You would create a plain Custom PCF Indicator.

Scaling is the range of values from the bottom of the chart to the top of the chart. You can plot indicators in their own scale or in the same scale as another indicator plotted in the same pane.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bcochrane
Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 8:19:19 PM

Thanks again. I have it working now. I set the Scaling as "Center on 0". 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 6, 2017 11:06:40 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles