Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Trading in TC2000 v16 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bephipps
Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:33:13 PM

I have searched through the training videos and have not been able to find anything describing the capabilities and methods of trading from TC2000 through my TC2000 Brokerage Account. I understand the basics but was hoping to find info (either written or video) of the features and capablilties.  Can someone please provide a link to such information?

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:49:15 PM

Was just about to head out to lunch, but here are a couple of links...

Unfortunately (last I checked) links to the only two existing v16 trading videos are buried in the Release Notes instead of being located with all the other tutorial videos.  You'd think tutorial videos would be filed under Tutorial Videos. Not sure why, but that's just me. (Bruce, if Worden needs additional developers you know where to find me. I'm always looking ... ;).

Anyways, these are the only trading videos I'm aware of. Michael was working on updating the written User Guide, but I haven't been able to get a status update from him (no doubt due to the blood oath of secrecy all Worden employees are sworn to ;).

Trading Basics in Version 16

Getting Started with The Options Data Feed

Good luck!

bephipps
Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:27:24 PM

Thanks. I really like the TC2000 webinars. In looking over the list, they seem somewhat dated. I am hoping to see more covering the new stuff soon.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 4:15:28 PM

QUOTE (bephipps)
Thanks. I really like the TC2000 webinars. In looking over the list, they seem somewhat dated. I am hoping to see more covering the new stuff soon.

Not sure we'll see webinars any time soon. Michael's been kinda busy with the new brokerage since Julia left Worden, and I don't think they've ever replaced her. (I'm available, and have experience both as a software trainer and developer, but Worden hasn't reached out ;)

The live training classes run through December so Michael's got that going on, and they rarely ran webinars in the past with just one person anyway. It's harder than it looks, and Michael & Julia made it look easy - so I'm not placing any bets on the resumption of the webinars. Hoping, just not holding my breath.

bephipps
Posted : Sunday, September 18, 2016 9:22:16 PM

Went through the videos. Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Anorher question: Is there nay way to see Level II and time and sales data in TC2000?

StockGuy
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 8:44:07 AM

Administration

bephipps,

We do not currently offer Level 2 data.  A time & sales window is something that should be availbable soon.

FoxTrade
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:09:10 PM

I'm a former TC2000 subscriber (from v.12.4 & older) looking to reactivate subscription. In poking around the website as due-diligence in making my decision, things are looking like a ghost town around the site (forum discussions seem to be the exception). Is the TC2000 product in a shutdown phase or is Worden still actively pursuing a client base?

StockGuy
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:16:36 PM

Administration

FoxTrade, we're still pursuing an active client base.  The new TC2000.com website just went up in the last couple of months. TC2000 now includes simulated trading and you can trade directly through the software if you open an account at TC2000 Brokerage, Inc.

Also, I noticed that you subscribed to Gold before.  You can now get real time stock, index and options data with Gold which wasn't available before.

FoxTrade
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:41:33 PM

Thanks, StockGuy for such a swift response. Wasn't aware of the migration to a new site. In checking it out, educational offerings still seem sparse. Are there plans to resume webinars and other training videos? When I previously subscribed, I found those educational tools to be incredibly helpdul.

StockGuy
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:45:05 PM

Administration

We just ramped up the training classes starting earlier this year and will start to flesh out the video tutorials on the latest version of TC2000.  Below are two videos that cover the trading features in TC2000 and one on the options data in particular.

http://videos.worden.com/videos/v16tradebasicstocfinal/v16tradebasicstocfinal.html

http://videos.worden.com/videos/OptionsDataFeed/OptionsDataFeed.html

FoxTrade
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 1:50:53 PM

One more question: If I resubscribe under this username, will all of the custom settings from my prior subscrition still be available to me?

StockGuy
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 2:01:35 PM

Administration

Yes, and the program should look the same as you left it the last time you logged out.

FoxTrade
Posted : Monday, September 19, 2016 2:23:12 PM

That is great. Thanks!

jacobbphonemail
Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2017 9:52:14 PM

I am using TC2000 and I really like it.  Was doing some paper trading and it is very easy to work with.  Problem is I don't have enough to broker through you guys so I went with tradeking and it is so much harder to work with.  Not near the ease of use for quick trades, and it looks so different it is hard to watch my option charts in tc2000 then quick maximize their web page and try to place the trade.  I def want to open with you guys once I get the account up to that.                  but to my point, I wanted to get Level 2 data, but you don't offer it.  Do you know of anywhere I can get just that.  I want to keep you guys for charting because bang for buck you guys are solid!, but I would like to be able to level 2 also, and don't want a super fancy patform, just a basic level 2 to run with my TC2000.  Didn't know if you knew of anything out there that other TC guys were utilizing for level 2s

Thanks-Jacob Bragg