Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

News sources Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Gazork
Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 9:53:08 AM

Hello -

I've just subscribed to Platinum with the real-time data feed. Have tried the MT NEws add-on and am not real happy with it.

On my Windows based V16 TC2000, I don't seem to have as many news source options popping up in my news window, as I do on my MAC-based V15.X. Am I missing something on the V16 PC version?

Also, for "third-party" news sources, is there a list of those allowed or some special format I need to use in the search window to find the? Coming up with no search hits, even on what I'd think would be common ones like briefing and marketwatch. Thanks - Mike

Putt4Dough
Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 11:00:27 AM

Bruce can clear it up for you, as I never used any of the news feeds much, but since v16 is also a trading platform I think it impacted what news feeds they could and could not use.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 11:08:06 AM

Worden Trainer

TC2000 v12 has the Comtex feed which is free but mainly press releases. It is not available in TC2000 v16 (which has the MT Newswires available instead).

The third party feeds are for people having some association with said third party. They would give you the name of the feed to get access.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Gazork
Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 11:41:49 AM

Thanks. My quest to find an all-in-one platform continues.

FInding MT lacking, I wish that other news sources were available within V16, pay-for and otherwise. I'll explore third-party possibilities ...

Is Putt's comment regarding this being a trading platform and the available news feeds a factor?

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, July 27, 2016 11:58:18 AM

Worden Trainer

Comtex was replaced with MT in v16 because MT is just a better newsfeed than Comtex.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles