Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Templates on iPad Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
LRKirkwood06
Posted : Monday, May 23, 2016 10:36:44 PM

Just got an iPad this week and am very dissapointed in the TC2000 Tablet platform.    However, it would be nice if I can at least input custom Moving Averages onto my template to use with my Easy Scans.   

The tutorial video mentions something about loading "templates" directly from your computer to your iPad.  But, I can't seem to find anything about templates on my computer software.

How do I get my custom charts to show up on my iPad.  Please advise.

Thank you!

StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 10:45:09 AM

Administration

Templates/chart templates/charts are all the same thing. If you run the desktop version and save charts, you will be able to access them from the iPad. There is a save button in the top right corner you can click to "Save Chart" or "Save Chart As".  

The app is pretty much read-only.  You can access scans, charts, etc. that you created on the desktop program, but you can't create or edit inside the app.

LRKirkwood06
Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2016 5:52:57 PM

Thank you!    

I appreciate your comment about the iPad and can tell you that I was shocked to find out how many things I am NOT able to do on the app.  I hope that will change in the future.  In the meantime, I can at least be happy to be able to create charts on my desktop and then use my iPad on-the-go to easily watch my scans.  

busterram
Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:38:23 AM

Check the iPad release date. Last update to the iPhone / iPad app was Jun 19, 2012.

Obviously its not going to work that much. I won't be surprised if its one of the oldest unpdated app in the app store by a software vendor who charges for their software and claim to have mobile support. The only thing that got updated is the marketing in their web site. Nothing else. 

Tc2000 is best if you use it in the desktop. For iPad either use TradingView or ThinkorSwim or Interactive Broker. Stay away from using TC2000 in ipad. Its buggy as hell and can't trust it.