Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Incorrect Earnings Data Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Steve_S
Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2016 11:25:04 AM

I am posting this here as there is no forum I could find specific to version 16 as I was just searching the forums in hopes to find some support in this issue. I read that for earnings data it is a rolling process as companies report earnings from an earlier post, so I decided to check back after the next quarter. This issue is still not resolved and now seems worse.  Here is an example of earnings showing in TC2000 right now for TAST. As you can see it says next earnings on 3/3/2017. Next earnings are actually 5/10/2016. Last earnings was on 3/03/16 - so TC2000 is showing the last reported earnings date as next earnings date, but it can't even get the last reported date correct and is off by a whole year. It was also stated that TC2000 gets data from morningstar, I checked morningstar and even a free account shows the correct date. So after reporting earnings, this should have been updated according to the support post, yet it isn't and is also wrong. This is just one example. I have found that easily 8 out of 10 stocks I look at have incorrect dates for earnings meaning that other data such as EPS % changes, Growth Rate, etc is way off. This greatly diminishes the value of TC2000 and is incredibly disappointing.  Any guidance on how to approach this, if a fix is being looked at......anything would be greatly appreciated.