Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Scan piviots Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Thirstyapples
Posted : Monday, April 11, 2016 6:07:38 PM

Hello Bruce. I wanted to know how to scan for stocks at their hourly piviot. I know it has a drop down to sort stocks crossing up or down their hourly piviot or R1 for example but how can I scan for stock trading right near their hourly piviot?  Or if we have to set a scan for stocks trading + or - a .5% below or above their hourly pivot how can I create that scan? Thanks in advance for your assitance. 

busterram
Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 4:10:26 PM

Add pivots indicator to the hourly chart and click on the indicator and pick Create Scan Condition. The options you see there are the options you can scan with. 

Having said, the hourly pivot that is plotted in tc2000 is not consistent with what the pivot points are plotted in all the other charting systems Which means only people who see the values you are seeing are the pivot points traders using tc2000.

This is because the hourly closes in tc2000 are incorrect. You can read more about it http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62729

So before you start trading your pivot point strategy, make sure you are aware of the deficiencies in the values because of the above issue. tc2000 may say price crossed pivot point and make you want to buy. But in reality price never even would have touched the pivot point if you were using the correct OHLC values as shown in all the charting platforms out there. So you may unnecessarily take a trade and loose because of those incorrect values that do not match what all other plafrorms provides which is what all the traders around the world see and use. 

I had learnt this the hard way and hope you do not loose money trading a good strategy but using an chart platform that produces incorrect hourly values.

Good luck.