Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Slope of a Moving Avg Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
turtletrendfollower
Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2015 7:32:50 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bruce,

I love Stock Finder 5.0 and have been using it for years.

I have template that I've used for years and have not changed it. Unfortunatey, I forgot some simple things on creating conditions.

Can you please tell me how to create the following condition:

Identify when 50 SMA (10 period back) is higher than current peiod.

I'm confused about

1. Move Period X

2. Passing X of last X bars

Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 10:50:49 AM

Worden Trainer

In this case you would probably want to choose Moving Down with the Move Period set to 10 and Passing 1 of the last 1 bar(s).

The Move Period is comparing the current bar to the bar of 10 bars ago.

Passing x of the last y bar(s) allows you to test for the condition being true more than once. The x sets the number of times the individual condition would need to be true in order for the condition as a whole to return true. The y sets how many bars are tested in order to see if x bars are true or not.

So if you wanted the moving average to be below its value of 10 bars ago for 5 bars in a row, you would set it to Passing 5 of the last 5 bar(s).

If you wanted the moving average to be below its value of 10 bars ago at least once during the most recent 9 bars you would set it to Passing 1 of the last 9 bar(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
turtletrendfollower
Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2015 6:29:40 PM

Thanks Bruce!

cupcake
Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 2:46:54 PM

Are there any posts or clips that talk specially about scanning Money Stream for relatively hard down slopping lines. This indicator seems to work very well as a prelude of things to come.

Thank you 

Peter Larsen

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 2:58:09 PM

Worden Trainer

I would be tempted to just click on the OBV indicator and select Create Scan Condition to create a condition for MoneyStream Moving Down Smart - Very Fast.

Create Conditions from Your Chart (5:25)

That said, you would generally want to check for where MS is relative to its range over y bars or how far MS has moved down over x bars compared to its range over y bars.

Dealing with OBV & MS in PCF's - how to interp their "values"

So something like the following would check for MS being lower now than during the previous 49 bars. You could also Create Scan Condition - New Low to do this.

MS < MIN(MS1.1,49)

Something like the following would checks for MS being in the bottom 10% of its 80 bar range.

MS - MIN(MS,80) < .1 * (MAX(MS,80) - MIN(MS,80))

And the following would check for MS to have moved down at least 50% of its 100 bar range in the most recent 10 bars.

MS1.10 - MS > .5 * (MAX(MS,100) - MIN(MS,100))

I haven't checked to see if any of these would return reasonable results, they are just examples of the format.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles