Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000 v16 review: S&C January 2016 Issue Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Putt4Dough
Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 6:09:30 PM

If you're interested in v16, I posted a little more info in the General Discussions forum. You can hit the link to take you there, or just look for my post with the same title.

Sooo, Michael ... about those 2016 live webinars ... you know you want to come to Chicago first ;)

busterram
Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 7:55:18 PM

I am curious if you use any of the new features in v16? Custom reports? Trading? MT Briefs?  earnings date (buggy)? 

Here is my take http://bit.ly/1IQBbed

While good amount of time spent on feature with no or marginal use, none of the pending bugs have been addressed...

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63419

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62729

Begs the question where they are getting the priority for what to build considering there is a huge backlog of important bugs to fix, and customers are leaving (customers post that they are leaving because of v16 and all the bugs and the next day those posts are deleted) and they continue to invest on wrong features that adds little or no value.

Waiting saga continues to look for things to get better soon.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:16:26 PM

Personally, no. I'm sticking with v12.6. None of the new v16 features are a reason (for me) to switch, for now. Maybe when it supports option trading. Would be nice to have everything in one platform.

I'm more looking forward to the return of live webinars. I figured Michael & Worden needed some time to reload after Julia left. While it's not official, the reviewer at least foreshadowed the return of live webinars. Fingers crossed.

busterram
Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 6:36:06 PM

Just like you pointed out, I doubt anyone uses some of the new features of v16. I guess the most usage so far must be from the folks who built it and tested it. I doubt anyone other than their internal employees will use those features. Its  a shame so much time and effort goes on to build features of zero or marginal use while so many critical bugs left unfixed.

Where is the accountability? The person/manager who makes the decisions to not fix those important bugs not only does he/she need to be super ashamed of himself / herself, he/she should also feel remorse that he/she is doing the wrong thing inspite of getting paid from the subscription we as paying customers pay & yet dont see much coming out.  Bad Karma.

I agree those webninars were fun to go to as you get to also meet interesting folks there. Looking forward to those.

ghanson
Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 6:21:39 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I rebuilt my Win 8.1 system over the weekend (it's good to refresh every so often) and accidentally downloaded v16. I didn't care for it and dropped back to v12. 

V16 came up at first with 15 min delayed quotes. Does it not have access to BATS or was that an option I didn't stick around long enough to discover?

Putt4Dough
Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 6:41:13 PM

Hi ghanson,

This isn't my thing, so maybe Bruce or someone else more familiar with delayed/real-time/BATS/etc can chime in, but for now...

Here's an excerpt from another post  where Bruce says v16 does not have access to BATs, and explains why:

You can still get BATS streaming data in TC2000 v12, it is just not available in TC2000 v16 because it is not compatible with the paper trading feature (which is the biggest new feature in TC2000 v16).

Any real time data feed which is compatible with TC2000 v16 will also get streaming data from the consolidated tape, so it will be a true full streaming real time feed. The BATS feed which comes with Gold in TC2000 v12 only has streaming data from the BATS exchange (which constitutes about 12% of trades). Data from the other exchanges is incorporated into the BATS feed on a fifteen minute delayed basis

busterram
Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 9:39:16 PM

V16 does not include realtime bats data. Its 15 mins delayed feed. If you want realtime, you need realtime data feed ($14.99) or go with 12.xx which has realtime bats.

If you want to trade intraday charts (as in day trade), best is to get platinium or gold with real time.

If you want to swing by analyzing in the evenings / night, gold will do.

Please note that if you use gold without real time feed, the alerts may not work well/trigger correctly. So if you want to use alerts with gold, you need realtime data subscription. 

Lastly, with gold u can do 100 alerts and platinum you can unlimited. 

Good luck.

MoreAces
Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2016 6:21:31 PM

Putt4Dough are you still trading with trading partners,  I am interested in have 1 or 2 trading partners to share scan ideas etc, I see you are interested in option as well, so you and I might be a nice fit.

Thanks