Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Unique method of investment Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BrandieJacque
Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:52:51 AM

I am searching for success methods, but I am impressed by Carl Ichan style. What he do, he buy cheap shares that has potential but failed due to bad management.

He buy the shares in great amount and become the mono-polistic investor. Then purpose managements reforms with the help of other investments. This guy is having worth of over 20 billion dollars.

RonKJohn
Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 7:32:16 AM

Did you get an answer to your question? I am also interested n this.

Thanks

Ron

RalphD53
Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 10:24:07 PM

Guys

i know Carl and have done deals with him.I agree, he is the best, but technical analysis is not what he does. He is a control investor who is willing to shake up management to affectuate change or the managements is out. To implement that strategy you need to have a significant position to make the change happen and it still may not work. Just look at CHk or talisman energy. His strategy works but not easy for the average investor, if he thinks there is real value and it's cheap he will bid for the whole company,aka pep boys.

i don't mean to discourage anyone, by any means, just be aware of not just the player but the game. If you have the capital, then go for it.

just my 2 cents.