Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Opening Past Charts from Notes Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
RobtJR.1949
Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:36:07 AM

When I open a chart from the link in My Notes, it opens with the date range available in live charts.  On a daily chart, I can see back about one year.  If the note was entered more than one year ago, I am not able to see the chart on that date unless I change to a weekly or other longer term chart.  How can I see a daily chart from notes I entered more than one year ago?  The value of having the chart link is to review what I used for my decision when the note was entered.

busterram
Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 9:38:13 AM

That is one of the biggest problem with the notes feature where its not easy to figure out what conditions prompted you to make the call described in the notes as it does not save a static copy of the chart based on that time. In addition it does not allow you to export the text you entered.

Here is a good thread with all the limitations of the notes feature.

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=62547

Those are the reasons few of us have stopped using this feature till they make the necessary updates which btw no one knows when and if it will happen. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:59:53 AM

Worden Trainer

You should have about two years of daily chart, but the basic idea of your request still remains.

All of the time frames in TC2000 start each trading day with 500 bars of data and then add new bars (if any) to this as the trading day progresses. There is no way to view data older than this.

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles