Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000 versions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
hadiham
Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 11:07:20 PM

What is the difference between Version 12.6 and V16.? I thought that V12.6 is the latest. Why this was not hilhlighted clearly before buying? You have excellent softwear but I feel that your are not very transparent.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 10:21:56 AM

Worden Trainer

An email about TC2000 v16 was sent to the email address on your account on October 23, 2015.

What's New in Version 16

Simulated Paper Trading - Place a limit order by dragging it up and down the chart. Modify it the same way. Set limit and stop prices that autotrack® your trendlines and indicators. The trading interface can be tied to real brokerage accounts at TradeFire, Inc.*

Upcoming Earnings Announcement Dates - Sort your portfolio or any watchlist to make sure you never get caught off guard by a big announcement. Now you can capitalize on surprise news instead of reacting to it.

Prioritized Personal Watchlists - Organize items in your watchlists by dragging them up and down. It's a simple way to keep your most important thoughts at the top of your lists.

Custom Reports - Create reports with your favorite technical indicators and fundamental criteria. The data fields update in real-time and automatically recalculate every time you change symbols. A new short-cut feature lets you initiate scans and sorts by simply clicking on a data field in the report.

Hull Moving Averages - The Hull moving average is more responsive while maintaining smoothness. Typical moving averages lag more as they get smoother. Hull moving averages eliminate lag as they get smoother. Google it. There's lots of information about them. You can apply them to price or any indicator in version 16.

Live Briefs® by MT Newswires - This high-quality newsfeed updates in real-time and is categorized to keep the stories that matter most to you in front of you. Some of the categories include your portfolio, active symbol, market summary, analyst ratings, trading ideas, M&A, IPO's, insider activity, earnings notebook, dividends and MT Insider. This is a optional add-on service.

Top-Down Sector Analysis - There is a new layout in the library called "DrillDown." It gives you a real-time view of the best performing stocks in the best performing industries in the best performing sectors. It's a great way to start from a broad market view and drill down to the individual stocks that are driving the industries. Performance can be based on percent change over any period of time or any indicator you choose - even your own formulas.

Smoother, Faster Graphics and Drawing Tools - It's hard to believe TC2000 charts could get any faster, but we are obsessed with speed. They feel better because they are better.

Auto-Refreshing Scans & Sorts - This Platinum-exclusive feature keeps the top stocks at the top of your watchlists with automatic resorting. You no longer need to keep pressing the scan or resort button. Scan results literally update in real-time as stocks pass and fail your conditions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Putt4Dough
Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 6:58:15 PM

Hey Bruce, just wondering ...

It's no big deal cause I already know about v16, but I don't recall seeing an email. Maybe my spam filter ate it. Is there a way to check if one was sent to me? Is there a way to resend it?

Like I said, no biggie ... it's just the first I remember hearing about v16 was the ad in last month's S&C.

Happy Friday!

Oatmeal Stout
Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 11:28:50 AM

Let me add too... that unless you subscribe to live streaming data ($$$), price alert functionality (and others?) is been disabled. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 12:31:54 PM

Worden Trainer

Putt4Dough,
I checked your account and it doesn't look like an email about TC2000 v16 was sent to you. TC2000 v16 is on a sort of "soft rollout" where we have not yet sent out mass notifications to all existing customers.

I can resend emails which have been sent, but I don't really have a way to send you a copy if it wasn't sent out originally.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Putt4Dough
Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 1:08:17 PM

No worries, Bruce. Thanks for checking. Being a software developer I'm familiar with "soft rollouts". My primary concern was that my email client's spam filter was misbehaving. 

You did a great job above describing the new features. Between that, the Release Notes, and the S&C advert, I'm good for now. You just have to lock Michael in his office until he rolls out some videos & docs for v16 :) 

Happy Friday!

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 1:16:07 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome. Happy Friday!

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles