Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TC2000v.12.6 Install Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
edudleson
Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:34:11 PM

I installed the desktop version on my windows computer but when I use it, it is very slow and sluggish. Am I the only one or is it acting the same way with others? The browser version works just fine.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 11:48:18 AM

Worden Trainer

It should be faster since it doesn't have to go through Silverlight. I've asked around and nobody has any similar reports come in.

This doesn't mean it isn't happening to more than just you, just that nobody else is calling or writing in about it so far.

Somebody from technical support should be contacting you to follow-up and try to troubleshoot what might be going on.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
esc952
Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 5:47:53 PM

Actually, I've had the same issue...I think.  Since installing/migrating to 12.6 the system seems to respond sluggishly in many aspects.  

For example, scans seem to take longer to run (only a second or two, but noticable) over the same universe of stocks.  Not  huge issue, but worth noting.

The more troubling one seems to be the movement of the mouse within a chart (for display of the details box or whatever you call the pop-up box).  This is very noticably more sluggish than the 12.4 version and makes it hard to select a specific candle.  It's hard to explain, but essentially I've made the correct movement with my mouse to select the candle I'm interested in details about.  However, the laa in 12.6 causes me to move the mouse further (assuming I haven't moved the mouse enough yet).  Then when 12.6 catches up, I've now moved the mouse too far.  This back-and-forth trying to out-guess the lag makes working with charts very difficult.

I have not trie the browser version and don't intend to do so.

I'm considering trying to revert to 12.4.  Do you have a procedure for reverting?  (Is this going to require an uninstall or complete wipe of both versions and then re-install 12.4 from scratch?)

Thanks in advance for the help Bruce.

edudleson
Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 7:51:45 PM

Technical support called me today and I allowed them control of my computer so they could view what was happening so they are now aware of it and are looking into the issue. The browser vesion, 12.5, works just fine. I don't know why I'm one of the few having issues with 12.6. I downloaded the beta version also just to see if it might be more stable but it acted the same way. Hopefully their will be a fix soon. I don't think it is specific to my computer because everything else I use the computer for works just fine.

MoreAces
Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 10:45:17 PM

I run extreme layouts 6 charts and 48 scans and runs better for me that the 12.5.  That said the issues i have had i believe on connectivity issues. When i save 2 easy scans it takes about 7 mins for that to complete (complete meaning that once is finished if i click on a symbol to load into charts many times 3-4 minutes are required)  that time is included in the 7 Mins above

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 9:45:13 AM

Worden Trainer

esc952,
If you did not uninstall TC2000 version 12.4, it should still be on your computer and you should be able to just run it. You can have both versions installed at the same time.

If you have unistalled TC2000 version 12.4 then there is no way to re-install it. Your options at this point would be to either install TC2000 version 12.5 or TC2000 version 12.6 from the main TC2000 webpage.

You might want to consider contacting technical support to see if they can figure out what is going on with the trailing mouse. It isn't something I've seen happen or heard of happening with TC2000. I do use a program called Mouse Without Borders to allow me to use the same keyboard and mouse on multiple computers and it can cause similar behavior sometimes.

MoreAces,
You might also want to consider contacting technical support. Especially if this is a new symptom which was not happening in previous releases of TC2000 version 12.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
esc952
Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 8:33:30 PM

Bruce,

Thanks...I kept 12.4, but wanted to be sure going back to using that would not cause issues.  I appreciate the follow-through.

Ed

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 7:50:07 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles