Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Accessing Volatility Stop Values in PCF Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bephipps
Posted : Monday, June 30, 2014 6:20:31 PM

I am interested in developing a indicator that calculates the percend difference between todays close and the value of a volitility stop (10 true range periods,  5 true range multiplier).  Since I don't have access to the Volitility Stop indicator in PCF's how do I do this?

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:30:22 AM

Worden Trainer

I cannot think of a way to create the desired indicator.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
bephipps
Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 9:59:48 AM

Bruce,  Let me start off by saying that I really like TC2000.  But I must say there is a glaring weekness.  That is there is NO WAY to access the existing indicators when writing scripts.  This to me is a basic must have capability. All the serious charting packages I have used has this capability.  I would like you to check with your developers and find out if there are future plans to add this capability. All packages have their pluses and minuses.  TC2000 has many pluses, but this minus may be a deal breaker with me.  Please check and let me know of their future plans.  Thanks.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:40:37 AM

Worden Trainer

I have checked for you. There are no current plans which would access the value of the Volatility Stop in such a way that the value could be used to create the desired indicator.

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been submitted to development for consideration to be included as a feature in a future version of TC2000.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles