Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Saving column data when copying between watchlists Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
IBJAMIN
Posted : Saturday, April 5, 2014 1:57:27 PM

When I copy symbols from one watchlist to another watchlist, I "lose" the data. I.e., #shares is always “reset” to 100, price is reset to the current price [or most recent close], and date is reset to "today".

This occurs even if I use the same column set with columns named exactly the same in the copy-from and copy-to watchlist.

I have a watchlist with 5 columns. The headings are: Symbol, GainLoss, Price, B/E Price, and Shares. This shows the Stock, current total Gain/Loss (based on the difference between the current Price [per share] and my Break Even Price [per share: purchase price + transaction costs], and number of Shares. If I save these columns (to My Columns), create another watchlist and assign the same columns to it (using Load Columns), then copy the data from the old watchlist to the new watchlist, the only column that matches between the two is the Symbol column...all other data is lost (“reset”).

How can I save column data when transferring symbols between watchlists?

TIA!

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:50:43 PM

Worden Trainer

There is no way to transfer this information automatically when creating a new Personal WatchList. The new Personal WatchList will always default to 100 shares and the time and price at which the symbol was added to the new Personal WatchList.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
IBJAMIN
Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:03:56 PM

Thanks, Bruce. Perhaps there is another way...is there any way to "combine" or "merge" data? If I have a watchlist of "currently owned" stocks (with associated specific information -- # shares, break-even price, purchase date, etc.)  can I "merge" the information for specific stocks to another already-existing watchlist...so, when I sell a stock I transfer all of it's data from the "currently owned" watchlist to a "sold" watchlist (and retain it's historical data for my reference)? I have not seen any way to do this. The system always seems to want to reset the data to the defaults...am I the only one who finds this to be a problem?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:29:23 AM

Worden Trainer

There currently isn't a way to merge or combine WatchLists in the way you describe. Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles