Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

EPS percent change latest quarter Scan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Prime90
Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 5:57:58 AM

http://s30.postimg.org/mzie4za0h/EPS.png

When refering to "EPS  percent change latest quarter" im talking about the indicator. A picture is included to get a visual.

Basically im interested in stocks whos "EPS  percent change latest quarter" is 100% greater than the previous " ËPS percent change latest quarter".

I can not figure out a way to scan for this. However I did try the percent change option but it did not scan correctly. I think it is taking the values from the latest EPS and not the " ËPS percent change latest quarter".

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 3, 2014 11:21:19 AM

Worden Trainer

You are not going to want to use a percent change for this. The value is already expressed as a percentage for one thing. More importantly, the value can can cross through zero and percent changes don't make sense under such circumstances.

The other think to do is to change to a quarterly time frame if you are going to set the Net Change Period to 1. If you are going to use a different time frame, you would want to use a Net Change Period which covers about a quarter (so about 63 for a daily time frame).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Prime90
Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 1:53:36 AM

Thanks Bruce. I  didn't think of using net change, as I was thinking in terms of percent. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:22:08 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles