Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Shorting By Sharks Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
smoon777
Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:06:55 PM

I am long in GALE and have enjoyed a very nice climb in recent months. A well known TV talking head linked at the hip to hedge fund managers did a hatchet job a few days ago and the stock dropped like a rock. I am suffering from whiplash.

I have also been watching LBMH as a climbing rocket, waiting for a pullback, and today the sharks hit it hard with a feeding frenzy and brought it down 21%.

So I realized that I am not smart when it comes to little retail traders like me knowing what the sharks are up to in an organized manner.

I started researching shark attacks and unfortunately came up with the SEC does not understand the tricks being played and they are underfunded to figure it out. What I am trying to figure out is are there available metrics on the net that would show me that a shark attack is a reality and I am coming up short (sorry for the pun).

I am trying to find some data points and Worden has "Latest Short Interest Ratio." Does anyone have an idea how to interpert that? 

Thanks for your help!