Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Unnecessary/ Wasted Border Space Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Bensson
Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 6:10:22 PM

Is there a way to eliminate the frivoluos and unnecessary borders surrounding my chart. I approximate that I'm losing 30-40% of the possible chart veiwing area on my laptop due to: a "TC2000 @ Version" bar; a "File, Tools, Help" bar; a "Tabs" bar; another "Tab" bar;  a "Symbol" bar; and a "Description and quote" bar. Whew!!!

While this is not an issue with my desk top monitors, it is with my laptop when travelling.

Is there a way to consolidate the information into a single bar or eliminate/hide it altogether?

Thanks. Have a great w/e all. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 1:10:24 PM

Worden Trainer

You can run the software in Full Screen mode when running TC2000 in a web browser, but there is no way to get rid of the title bar when running TC2000 natively on your computer.

You can have the program Toolbar displayed at the top of the layout or on the left of the layout by Tools | System Settings | General, but there is no way to eliminate the Toolbar from being displayed entirely. Note that you can also have the Toolbar display as images & text, images only or text only. The text only setup uses less vertical space whin the Toolbar is at the top and images only uses less horizontal space when the Toolbar is displayed on the left.

The only way to eliminate the bar with tabs is to not tab multiple windows into the same space on the layout. If you only have one window in any given space, there will be no tabs as there will be nothing to tab.

You can right-click on the chart and select Colors & Grid to edit the value and scale size to get more vertical or horizontal space by using smaller fonts. You can also edit the chart toolbar here. I'm not sure how much that would help however.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Bensson
Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:29:58 PM

Thanks Bruce. Moving the main toolbar to the left margin helps quite a bit. Getting rid of the :"TC2000 @ Version 12.4...." bar would be great - it's totally unnecessary. If you could forward that on to the developers that'd be great.

Thanks again.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:05:57 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles