Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Help with Indicator with start / stop points Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
babzsak
Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 10:27:26 AM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

I was thinking SF would be best suited for this, but if TC2000 is better, that's fine too. I attachted an image I wanted to use a pointer or something to define a start/stop point using any timeframe whether intraday or dauly, probably mostly intraday. Then to calculate the cumulative (H1-L1) + (H-L) to with a tabulation at the end date of the distance traveled during that period. I'm trying to see what relationship there is between a stage 1 base and stage 2 mark-up and if the size or distance travelled in the base has a correlation to stage 2 mark up.

Does that make sense?

TIA

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 4:13:23 PM

Worden Trainer

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do, but I have created an indicator for StockFinder which adds up all of the ranges between two date pointers on the chart.

The date pointers in the attached chart were created by clicking on the date scale at the bottom of the chart and choosing Add Date Pointer. The date pointers are not interchangable. If there is no plot on the chart, you drag the date pointers into the reverse order.

You can click on the Cumulative H - L indicator to bring up the Edit window and click on the Block Diagram window in the lower left hand corner to see the Block Diagram used to create the indicator.

Block Diagrams have been de-emphasized in StockFinder but the Your First 3 Block Diagrams video covers creating Block Diagrams.

You should be able to Open an attached Chart directly into a running copy of StockFinder 5 (and save it from within StockFinder 5 if desired). You could also copy and paste the Chart into the \My Documents\StockFinder5\(Your Username)\My Charts\ folder and then load it like you would any other Chart.

Attachments:
CumulativeRange.sfChart - 46 KB, downloaded 768 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles