Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: babzsak
About
User Name: babzsak
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 195
[0.07% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: RT Advancing/Declining Issues
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 2:53:21 PM

Do any of the Worden plaforms offer a real time count of advancing/declining issues for a specific index. For example, the real time number of advancing/declining issues for the S&P100, NASDAQ 100, S&P-500, Dow-30, etc.?

I don't mean the T-series breadth indicators, just a simple 65 advancers/ 39 decliners for the NASDAQ 100 in RT?

TIA.

Topic: Yield Curve
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2017 10:06:04 AM

Is there any way to plat the UST 2s30s Yield curve on TC2000 v12/17/7 or SF?

Topic: Correlation Indicator for SF 5.1 ?
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 10:26:14 AM

Is there an indicator already available or one that can be created so a current correlation between two assets can be quantified rather tan just eye-balled, for instance the correlation between equities and Treasuries which is usually inverse has recently been pretty tight. I've seen such indications in the past with a correlation of 1.0 being nearly exactly the same, below 1.0 being less corelated?

TIA

Topic: Putting a range in to historical context
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 4:27:42 PM

I'm wondering if there's a way to put the current SPX from about July 14th to present in to historical context using something like number of consecutive days below "X" where that may equal +/-1% or +/-.50% so you could esentially say, "This hasn't happened since..."

And/or defining a range that has been as tight as the SPX has been over aproximately the same period  using either the range of the high to low or close so the data you would get is "The SPX hasn't been in a range of 1.5% for 27 consecutive days since..."

I was thinking about this for Stockfinder 5.1, but I could use it in TC 2000 (V7 or 15)

TIA

Topic: Volume as a Percentage of Shares Outstanding
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 4:17:02 PM

Thank you so much, exactly what I was looking for.

Topic: Volume as a Percentage of Shares Outstanding
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 4:56:58 PM

Just wondering if anyone has a chart or can create Volume as a percentage of shares outstanding for SF 5.1?

Topic: Help with Indicator with start / stop points
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 10:27:26 AM

I was thinking SF would be best suited for this, but if TC2000 is better, that's fine too. I attachted an image I wanted to use a pointer or something to define a start/stop point using any timeframe whether intraday or dauly, probably mostly intraday. Then to calculate the cumulative (H1-L1) + (H-L) to with a tabulation at the end date of the distance traveled during that period. I'm trying to see what relationship there is between a stage 1 base and stage 2 mark-up and if the size or distance travelled in the base has a correlation to stage 2 mark up.

Does that make sense?

TIA

Topic: Help with Indicator with start / stop points
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 10:26:29 AM

I was thinking SF would be best suited for this, but if TC2000 is better, that's fine too. I attachted an image I wanted to use a pointer or something to define a start/stop point using any timeframe whether intraday or dauly, probably mostly intraday. Then to calculate the cumulative (H1-L1) + (H-L) to with a tabulation at the end date of the distance traveled during that period. I'm trying to see what relationship there is between a stage 1 base and stage 2 mark-up and if the size or distance travelled in the base has a correlation to stage 2 mark up.

Does that make sense?

TIA

Topic: Need Help With Comparison Indicator
Posted: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:54:59 PM

I'm using the comparison function on StockFinder 5.1 to compare the SPX to HYG (HY Corp. Credit) and I gwet a good view of relative performance, they are very close to overlaid on each other depending on the zoom factor, but I've seen another version where HYG is up with the SPX today, but it is not right in line with it, maybe it's based on the percentage gain.

Is there an upload function so I can show you the two charts?

TIA

Topic: SPX/VIX Indicator
Posted: Friday, March 8, 2013 5:44:31 PM

I'm not sure the best way to explain this, but I'd like to have an indicator that can show how much the VIX has moved vs the SPX, for example recently as the market has moved higher, the VIX has not moved down as much as it had in the past when the SPX made similar gains. I'm trying to use the data to see if hedges using the VIX are being unwound or added to.

I suppose maybe some sort of percentage oscillator that reads like a histogram .

For example if the SPX was moving higher, yet the VIX was seeing less severe moves, I would assume that protection is being unwound in the VIX, I was hoping there might be a way to put a percentage or numerical value on it os some sort.

Does that make sense?

TIA