Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Scanning a watchlist Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Harikata
Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 2:49:22 PM

I'm hoping to create a simple scan whereby I can receive an alert or even quickly filter on a watchlist, when the price of a stock comes within a range of a target price - for example, when the stock price is $1 higher or lower than my target price.

When I create a personal watchlist there is a column called trkPrice which I can edit, but I can't find a way to perform an EasyScan on that field.

Ideally, I would like a way to perform this scan on my Alert list but it seems there is no way to manipulate the alert list, or export the stocks and their alert prices from it.

For now, the only thing I can think of that comes close is if I create a watchlist and manually add in each stock in my alert list and assign my alert price to the trkPrice field, and then I could sort it up and down on that field to see which ones have had bigger moves in price but I'm thinking there's gotta be a better way to automate this.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 12:32:18 PM

Worden Trainer

There is no way to use the tracking price directly in an alert, formula or EasyScan.

While it is possible to have individual alerts sent to an email address as they happen, it is not possible to export the contents of the Alert Log later.

Setting Alerts in TC2000
Managing Alerts in the Alert Console

One possibility would be to set multiple alerts for each symbol. You could set an alert at the target price and then two more alerts above and below the target price. It would depend on your particular workflow, but it might be easier than set up a WatchList with a WatchList Column for the trkPrice field.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
bbruin
Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 1:58:28 PM

I am hoping that at some point TC2000 will modify the way it sets up alerts.  There should be the option of bracketed alerts, e.g. I will get long a stock at 10.10 or I will get short the same stock at 9.80 - we shouldn't have to set up 2 different alerts.

Thank you

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 12:52:42 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles