Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Backtesting a Moving Average Crossover Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
dl533
Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:29:57 AM

Does anyone know how to perform backtesting of a Moving Average Crossover?  Many years ago I could do this on Telechart 2000 but I don't see how its done on the current version of TC2000.

My goal is to test various combinations of Moving Average Crossovers to determine the most profitable strategy. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:50:38 AM

Worden Trainer

You may wish to review the Backtesting PCF topic where you asked a similar question.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
dl533
Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:04:20 PM

I'm not interested in using this as a scan to locate multiple stocks.  I see now that TC2000 does NOT have the capability that I'm looking for.  I'll put my money and efforts elsewhere.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:11:38 PM

Worden Trainer

The Custom PCF % True Indicator technique referenced in the response is designed to visualize when your requirements are true so you can view the performance after this happens. It is not a technique for scanning for a list of stocks meeting your requirements (which is done using EasyScans). That said, it is not really backtesting. You would need to use BackScanner in StockFinder for that.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles