Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

toggling back and forth Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
txsransom
Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:19:14 PM

How does one toggle back and forth in time on a chart, for example I am looking at 4-17-13 and want to quickly look at a daily bar which happens to be on 1-23-13. I can see the large candle on the chart and I know if I press the [ key it will slowly scroll back and the ] key will slowly scroll forward. But I  thought there was a quicker shortcut for jumping to a past history price bars and back to present. Please help

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:25:38 PM

Worden Trainer

The hot keys for moving around on the chart in TC2000 version 7 should be:

[ or ] - Move chart backward or forward one bar
{ or } - Move chart backward or forward five bars
( . ) Period key - Pointer Mode toggle on/off, then use right and left arrow keys to move pointer backward or forward.
End - Move pointer to far right of chart
\ - Slash chart (press this key to cut off the chart at the pointer in Pointer Mode).

You may wish to review the following:

Clipping your chart back to a previous date

What you seem to want to use is the slash chart feature. So use the mouse to bring up the pointer to the date of interest and then hit the \ key on the keyboard.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
txsransom
Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:37:30 PM

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions and the helpful video. :)

txsransom
Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:54:53 AM

Bruce,

I've set up a 4 chart window view spread across dual monitors and I keep having an issue with the display/sizing of the indicator windows.

IE: Chart 1 window 1 price bars with MAs, window 2 MACD window 3 TSV.all 3 windows with moving averages. i saved this template to hothey F1 after I set up the data as a favorite Chart Template , I sized the windows so that the indicator windows were both visible and exact same size both about 1/2 the size of the price bar window.

Every time I change window 1 to look at a different saved chart template and then switch back to F1, the TSV window has to be resized again. Indicator window 1 or MACD is 1/3 the size of Price bar window, indicator window 2 or TSV is not visible as if I'd pulled MACD down to hide TSV.

How can I get F1 chart template to permanently save my seting & desired view. It's frustrating to have to resize window everytime I open TC2K after an update.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:20:19 AM

Worden Trainer

Bring up the Chart Template that isn't correct with the Layout feature turned off (so there is only one chart). Adjust the panes so they are exactly how you want them. Once the panes are setup correctly, select Chart Template from the menus and then Save.

After that you can go back to having multiple charts and when you select the Chart Template as one of those charts, the panes should be adjusted accordingly.

View multiple symbols or multiple views of the same symbol using Layouts

If this does not work, then please contact technical support.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles