Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: txsransom
About
User Name: txsransom
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 12
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: toggling back and forth
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:54:53 AM

Bruce,

I've set up a 4 chart window view spread across dual monitors and I keep having an issue with the display/sizing of the indicator windows.

IE: Chart 1 window 1 price bars with MAs, window 2 MACD window 3 TSV.all 3 windows with moving averages. i saved this template to hothey F1 after I set up the data as a favorite Chart Template , I sized the windows so that the indicator windows were both visible and exact same size both about 1/2 the size of the price bar window.

Every time I change window 1 to look at a different saved chart template and then switch back to F1, the TSV window has to be resized again. Indicator window 1 or MACD is 1/3 the size of Price bar window, indicator window 2 or TSV is not visible as if I'd pulled MACD down to hide TSV.

How can I get F1 chart template to permanently save my seting & desired view. It's frustrating to have to resize window everytime I open TC2K after an update.

Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:37:30 PM

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions and the helpful video. :)

Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:19:14 PM

How does one toggle back and forth in time on a chart, for example I am looking at 4-17-13 and want to quickly look at a daily bar which happens to be on 1-23-13. I can see the large candle on the chart and I know if I press the [ key it will slowly scroll back and the ] key will slowly scroll forward. But I  thought there was a quicker shortcut for jumping to a past history price bars and back to present. Please help

Topic: SNV (Just Waiting For The Break)
Posted: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 3:12:03 AM
toby,
Wolf looks like a cup with handle on a weekly chart. IMO
Topic: TSV UP THROUGH 0
Posted: Monday, May 3, 2010 12:17:18 AM
APSLL thanks again btw, ALSK also came up on a few of my scans the past  couple of weeks. A breakout seems likely, but  will it fail if market sells off? DUG looks interesting. BOP, MACD, OBV, MS STOCH are all trenidng up, I have a custom RSMA indicator crossing up through it's sma. volume has picked up the past 3 weeks and TSV  has turned up decisively, about to cross zero.
All the talk on the street about oil going to 100 got me to thinking it's probably time for a pullback.  One would think the big oil spill would impact price to the upside. One would think..... SNV looks very tempting with a tight stop down around 2.90. or perhaps maybe 2.87 to avoid the obvious. 
thanks again...ransom
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 5:45:30 PM
Thanks bustermu, and aspll. I am curious aspll how do you use that indicator, in the form of a pcf? or as a plotted custom indicator? Can you share which symbols you thought looked good? I have been waiting for this correction to get underway, missed it everytime I went long DXD and got burned. I use pretty tight stops, but I feel we are way over due for some pain and in this case, if I'm right some payback. 
Thanks for you input
ransom
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 4:31:45 AM
A few other tickers I been trackng, DXD ENCO BPOP FMD, HOT, HST, HDSN OREX SGEN, FPO. Been in  ENCO been in little over a week. added to my position in DXD last week .
Posted: Sunday, May 2, 2010 1:38:44 AM
Apsll,
Thanks for the input, I created pcfs for both,used them in a scan, came back with 13 stocks. In each case, the tsv31 was moving up through the zero line, and also crossing it's 25 bar SMA. a few charts look interesting, HSA, FPO, VCLK (looks like an Island bottom, and possibly an inverted H&S bottom. MTS has several indicators confirming each other, tsv was rather late to the party. and TOO. tsv31 made a swift upward thrust through the zero, after a bounce off it's 25SMA  FPO, tsv has been in a complete divergence until 2 days ago when it made a swift move above zero, several other indicators made similar moves as it bounced off it's 50 SMA. I'm new to this forum, not new to trading, was curious on your take in terms of market direction. I agree with Worden's comments last week when the S&P broke through support. We are due for some sort of correction or pullback. That being the case, most of these upward trending stocks will be running counter to the overall trend . DISCK might be an extraordinary exception, mighty powerful move underway. Who can say if market turbulence can derail that runaway train? I have 8 indicators that all look pretty much the same for DISCK. OBV, MS, RSI, BOP, MACD, STOCH,  Pardon the lengthy post, but again just wanted to get your feedback.

Thanks for your insight, truly,
ransom
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 12:41:23 PM
Wow! that worked out quite nicely, thank you very much. I have plotted a 25 bar mvgavg, but that was part of the default setting when I copied the settings. what would a pcf look like for a TSV31 crossing up through it's 25 bar mvgavg?
 would it look like this?  tsv31>avgtsv25 and tsv31.1 < avgtsv25.1 

thanks again
ransom
Posted: Saturday, May 1, 2010 2:38:16 AM

can anyone help with a pcf formula for a tsv31 up through zero? my goal is to scan for stocks using tsv31 moving up through zero. the chart settings I have came from a worden note, i saved the settings and the tsv was 31 with a 25 bar MovAvg. I want to locate stocks just as tsv is moving up through the zero line

any hlpe would be appreciated

thanks 
ransom