Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Volume issues going from TC2007 to TC2000 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
riverside
Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:10:08 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I have a PCF in TC2007 that has a volume parameter that gives me an out put of X.  IN TC2000, I"m told the volume parameter needs to be ammended, which I've done.  Whether or not I change the "100" to "10,000" or not, the PCF in TC2000 gives the wrong output Y, not X.  I've been told to delete the scan and rebuild it, lest the change not take effect.  I've done that, to no avail.  Chat support and call in support cannot find the problem, and direct me to you.  ANy suggestions?  Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:00:32 AM

Worden Trainer

All you should generally have to do is multiply the volume used in TC2000 version 7 by 100 to get the volume to use in TC2000 version 12.3. There really isn't any other difference. If this isn't working, it really is a technical support issue and not a customer training issue despite technical support sending you to the forums.

That said, I can take a look at the formula both before and after your modifitions if you post both of them in the forums to see if there might be some other issue affecting the results. A more detailed explanation of the differences in the results on your computer would be appreciated as well, so I can attempt to verify your exact results.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
riverside
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:43:22 PM

All I can say is it doesn't work.

This is the PCF from TC 2007 that return the output of 96 yesterday: (100 * (C - C1) / C1) <= ( - 4) AND V >= 1000 AND V > V1.

This is the scan on TC 2000 that returned 135 yesterday: (100*(C-C1)/C1)<=(-4) AND V>=1000 AND V>V1.

As of a moment ago, the TC2007 PCF returns 27, the TC 2000 PCF returns 56. 

What's more, changing the Volume parameter in the TC2000 PCF, DOES NOT CHANGE THE OUTPUT.

Ideas?  This may be an item for tech support but they didn't know the answer either.

Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 1:20:53 PM

Worden Trainer

On my computer the following Condition Formula currently returns 56 from the US Common Stocks WatchList in TC2000 version 12.3:

(100 * (C - C1) / C1) <= (-4) AND V >= 1000 AND V > V1

While the following Condition Formula currently returns 29 symbols from the US Common Stocks WatchList in TC2000 version 12.3:

(100 * (C - C1) / C1) <= (-4) AND V >= 100000 AND V > V1

Changing the volume in the formula definitely changes the results.

Please make sure you are actually replacing the Condition Formula in the WatchList Column or EasyScan after making the change. The values of these Conditions in a WatchList Column or EasyScan are based entirely on the formula as it was when it was actually added there. These Conditions are copies in TC2000 version 12.3 and are not linked to the original in any way. So if you change the original later, the results in the copy will not change.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
riverside
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 1:43:52 PM

I do not get that result.

How do I insure that I "Please make sure you are actually replacing the Condition Formula in the WatchList Column or EasyScan after making the change"?  I have tried deleting the scan and rebuilding it, that doesn't work.  I have tried deleting the condition and the scan, that doesn't work.

One possible tell...if I delete the condition but not the scan, the scan still returns a value...?? 

How do  I insure that I "Please make sure you are actually replacing the Condition Formula in the WatchList Column or EasyScan after making the change"?

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 2:10:33 PM

Worden Trainer

When you say you are deleting the Condition but not the Scan, are you deleting the Condition from the EasyScan or are you deleting the base Condition from TC2000? Changing the Condition in TC2000 as a whole does absolutely nothing to change an EasyScan in which the Condition is contained.

I don't have to recreate the EasyScan from scratch to get the correct results. Let's say I have an EasyScan which was created using a Condition based on TC2000 version 7 volumes instead TC2000 version 12.3 volumes and I want to change it.

I start by editing the Condition. Select Library | Conditions and choose Edit for the Condition that is currently being used as the EasyScan Condition. Change the Condition so it represents the correct volume magnitude for TC2000 version 12.3 (multiply it by 100 if it using TC2000 version 7 volumes) and select OK.

If the EasyScan is already on the chart, then select the Edit tab and click on the X to the right of the Condition to remove that Condition from the EasyScan. Then select Add Condition and choose the corrected Condition from the list. Selecting the Scan or Continuously tab brings up the EasyScan with the new version of the Condition instead of the old version of the Condition which updates automatically.

If you are actually deleting the old EasyScan and creating a new EasyScan from scratch, that should work too. You just need to have actually edited and saved the Condition Formula prior to adding the Condition to the EasyScan.

If this does not work for you, then you seriously need to contact technical support because something is going wrong in the process. There are no other instructions that I could give you on what you should do to change the EasyScan after changing the Condition.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
riverside
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 2:40:38 PM

I finally got it.  Had to delete the condition, delete the scan, close the program, recreate the condition, recreate the scan and then it would work.  Simple!  Isn't software grand... Thanks for the help.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 2:43:31 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles