New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: riverside
About
User Name: riverside
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 84
[0.03% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: T2104 changes??????????
Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 1:00:41 PM

T2104 usually tracks the market pretty well but has not been doing so since early April.  Has the formula been modified at all in recent times?  Usually, Advancing issues times up volume less declining issues times down volume tracks t2104 closely.  I realize T2104 is slightly different as it is the cumulative of the up volume of the advancing issues (not advancing issues times all up volume, etc.), but these two data series track each other closely.  For the first time that I can see, they are diverging and I'm trying to figure out why.

I appreciate any thoughts you would have.

Topic: T2104 changes?
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 2:13:43 PM

I created my own version of T2104 to verify that I could more or less duplicate it and understand it.  I wanted to track something quite similar in my own software.  I ran it back to 1998 and it mimics T2104 very closely.  However, since around early April, there has been a divergence with T2104 not confirming the new highs in the market and my version doing just that.  I want to rely on your time proven indicator but it's not working the way it usually does, and it does not match my own version (which does confirm the new highs), all of a sudden.  Has the formula been changed at all this year?  Would you have any idea why taking Adv Issues * Up Volume less Declining issues * dn volume would suddenly diverge after tracking closely for almost 20 years?  Appreciate any ideas you would have.  I realize my formula is not the same as the up volume of advancing issues less the down volume of declining issues, but it's been a good proxy for a long time, until now.  Thank you.

Topic: Verify PCF Please?
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2016 3:35:06 PM

I&#39;m trying to look at the number of stocks down 20% or more from the 52week high, so I wrote:  c1<(H251*.8).  Is this going to generate what I&#39;m looking for?  Thank you.

Topic: HOw can I write a PCF screening for minimum number of days?
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:08:50 PM

How can I screen for a watch list containing stocks with symbols for a minimum period of time, say 10 years?

Topic: Help with back dating a PCF...
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 10:54:00 AM

I have a PCF that I&#39;ve used for some time now, successfully. I need to modify it, in order to look at a count a few months back, so that I can recreate the stock list that met the parameters on that date. I&#39;m struggling with it and could use some help please.

The PCF looks at the number of stocks up 25% in the last month. It reads as follows:

C20 >= 5 AND (AVGC20 * AVGV20) >= 2500 AND 100 * (C - C20) / C20 >= 25

As I say, it works just fine.

I need to look at the list of stocks that met this condition, on Dec 31, 2013 (which is 60 trading days ago as of March 28, 2014). I&#39;ve tried every combination I can think of and cannot get it to come to the correct conclusion for that date.

Can someone help me?

Topic: Question about PCF values changing, from day to day for the same day in the past.
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:20:44 AM

THank you!

Topic: Need a sanity check please...
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:33:12 AM

Sorry, to be more clear, the PCF is run on a stock universe, not a single stock, so it counts the numbers of stocks in the universe hitting new highs in the current bar vs at any time over the last 10 prior bars.  And if April 23rd is the current bar then the last bar back is April 9.  Do I have that all correct?

Topic: Question about PCF values changing, from day to day for the same day in the past.
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:27:45 PM

Yesterday I counted the number of SP500 stocks making a new ten day high or low.  The count was 87 NH 58 NL.  If I measure the same count, for yesterday, now, it reads 136 NH and 33 NL.  How can that be?  I am changing my formula counts to compensate for the fact that it is now one day in the future (H>=MaxH10.1 becomes h.1>=MaxH10.2).

Topic: Need a sanity check please...
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:10:16 PM

If I write a PCF that says H>=MaxH10.1, for today&#39;s date, that compares the number of hitting higher new highs today versus any new highs as counted between April 9-April 23, CORRECT?

Topic: Volume issues going from TC2007 to TC2000
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 2:40:38 PM

I finally got it.  Had to delete the condition, delete the scan, close the program, recreate the condition, recreate the scan and then it would work.  Simple!  Isn&#39;t software grand... Thanks for the help.