Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Request: EPS Dates on the charts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rdlsmith
Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:20:03 PM

I'd really like to see an option to display the upcoming EPS dates on the charts with the ability to put some sort of notification on the charts that an EPS date is near.  The time frame should be user defineable.  

For example, in preferences maybe I'd like to set an option that would display something on the chart that stands out 21 days before an EPS announcement is due.  Maybe with a hover of the mouse I could get more information.  Pre-release, post market, etc.  

I noticed you have some corporate information in the new version.  I was disappointed that it is only in the platinum addition as that sort of information is vital for swing and position traders too.  However, with that information being free from other sources I can't see it as a reason to upgrade from gold to platinum.   Of course, I'm also not aware of what you had to do (or pay) to make it available at all.  But this kind of information would make your gold version that much more attractive in my opinion to new subscribers.  Just a thought.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:22:07 AM

Worden Trainer

StockFinder Gold does not have access to historical fundamentals, but TC2000 Gold should have the same access to Fundamentals as TC2000 Platinum. You can use the current values of fundamentals as WatchList Columns or as EasyScan Conditions. There isn't a fundamental data sheet in TC2000 version 12.3, but you can view the fundamental data sheet in TC2000 version 7.

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 10062.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
rdlsmith
Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:53:18 PM

"..TC2000 Gold should have the same access to Fundamentals as TC2000 Platinum."

Thank you!  I didn't realize it was already available.  I'm using TC2000 Gold.  Which WatchList Column or EasyScan condition shows the next EPS release date?  

I'm thinking I could edit/add that to my chart toolbar which would be a HUGE improvement right away and somewhat close to my suggestion above.  Putting it in a WatchList Column is also a good idea.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:58:48 PM

Worden Trainer

Earnings dates are not one of the available fundamentals. The Morningstar Fundamentals topic in Help lists what is available.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
rdlsmith
Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:30:23 PM

Platinum Only: "Corporate Calender of Upcoming Earnings & Events"  That's what I was trying to get at in my original post.  Maybe the powers that be will give case number 10062 every consideration.

Thanks for your time with this.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:37:57 PM

Worden Trainer

That feed does in fact require a TC2000 Platinum subscription.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles