Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rdlsmith
About
User Name: rdlsmith
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 29
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: OS X?
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 11:31:46 AM

Your team may be smaller but I think they're way better.  :)   I look forward to the release of the new and improved TC2K (on equal footing with the windoZe side) for the Mac platform.  I may even sign back up.

Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 11:20:11 AM

Wow, that is very dissappointing.   I've been with you guys since the days of DOS and downloading data each night.  But I've spent that last few months or so using my brokers ToS package and I can 'get by' although it's not as nice.  (A few things are better.)

You know, Intuit did this same sort of thing to its Mac community.  Don't worry, it didn't hurt them.  I won't use their products if I can help it.  They made a choice to tick off their Mac users.  I suppose it wasn't worth the effort for them re-write their code.  

I understand why you're doing it.  The cost benefit analysis just didn't add up for you.  

That's fine.  I love OS X and I'm just not willing to go back to Windows, even under Parallels.   For me (and my style of trading which is position/swing) I can get by with IBD and my broker's software.   

I never liked that Silverlight junk anyway.  If you do start writing for OS X, I hope next time it will be native to the OS so we don't have these issues again.

Best of luck to you!

Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:56:07 PM

Are you dropping support for OS X?  i.e. 12.x is the last version for OS X?

Topic: Request: EPS Dates on the charts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:30:23 PM

Platinum Only: "Corporate Calender of Upcoming Earnings & Events"  That's what I was trying to get at in my original post.  Maybe the powers that be will give case number 10062 every consideration.

Thanks for your time with this.

Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:53:18 PM

"..TC2000 Gold should have the same access to Fundamentals as TC2000 Platinum."

Thank you!  I didn't realize it was already available.  I'm using TC2000 Gold.  Which WatchList Column or EasyScan condition shows the next EPS release date?  

I'm thinking I could edit/add that to my chart toolbar which would be a HUGE improvement right away and somewhat close to my suggestion above.  Putting it in a WatchList Column is also a good idea.

Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 7:20:03 PM

I'd really like to see an option to display the upcoming EPS dates on the charts with the ability to put some sort of notification on the charts that an EPS date is near.  The time frame should be user defineable.  

For example, in preferences maybe I'd like to set an option that would display something on the chart that stands out 21 days before an EPS announcement is due.  Maybe with a hover of the mouse I could get more information.  Pre-release, post market, etc.  

I noticed you have some corporate information in the new version.  I was disappointed that it is only in the platinum addition as that sort of information is vital for swing and position traders too.  However, with that information being free from other sources I can't see it as a reason to upgrade from gold to platinum.   Of course, I'm also not aware of what you had to do (or pay) to make it available at all.  But this kind of information would make your gold version that much more attractive in my opinion to new subscribers.  Just a thought.

Topic: Why use 5 when you have 4
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:05:07 PM
I just spent days on an SF4 issue that was resolved by moving to SF5. Don't be afraid to pick up the phone and call for help getting around the new interface either. I did that and 10 minutes later I was much more dangerous than before.
Topic: removing condition from combo condition
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:47:41 PM

Oh!  That trash can!  Ha!  Thanks.  

Topic: removing condition from combo condition
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:00:31 PM
What trash can?
Topic: Best Practices
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:55:33 PM

Update:

I spoke with Dean in your tech support and he was able to re-create the issue.   Maybe the developers can get that corrected.

I just loaded SF5 beta and it seems to work without deleting my filters!  Guess I'll try and use SF5 for now.