Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Several problems with tc2000 iPad version... Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
busterram
Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:18:55 PM

Hey there,

I am a big fan of tc2000 desktop version but have been having many problems in the iPad version. So I thought I would catalog all the problems, usability issues and feature deficiency to use tc2000 on iPad. WIthout resolving these issues I find it very difficult and challenging to use the iPad version of tc2000.

1. Better use of the space in iPad
In the iPad, the space is split between the list of symbols on the left and chart on the right.

Is there a way for me to maximize the chart. In other words, I pick a symbol and would like to hide the list of symbols and use the whole area to view the chart in full screen mode. Allow the list of symbols window to be minized and brought back to normal size.

Possible to do this? This would help to get better use the real estate.

2. Panning the chart to the left.
I can only zoom or unzoom but cannot pan to the left.

3. The styles set in the desktop do not match with the styles set in the iPad. iPad style gets messed up.

4. Flipping through timeframes
Most times when I monitoring I would quickly want to go to an instrument and click daily, 60 and 15 mins. The current dropdown is not helpful. It will be useful to allow user to configure 3 buttons to quicly flip through couple of timeframes easily.

5. Drawing tools
I cannot draw any lines on the iPad. Even just allowing drawing trendlines and horizontal lines would be a good start.

6. Easy scans
Not all easy scans created in desktop are available in the iPad.

7. Performance
iPad is also lot slower than the desktop.

8. Screen display
Split the screen to display two charts. Like weekly on the left and daily on the right similiar to what I can do on the desktop. do not need all the configurations. Just one or two templates would do.

9. Adding indicators
I cannot quicly add an indicator in iPad.

10. Forex display value. Last 2 digits truncated
You need to show 4 digits for forex in iPad. It shows 1.32 and looses the two last important digits. It makes the use of tc2000 ipad version for forex completely useless. I am very surprised this was not caught in the quality testing for iPad.

11. Toggle indicator windows
Since space in iPad is small, would like to minimize the indicator or bring it back.

12. List of styles not shown
The styles that show in the desktop do not match with the styles that show in the native version of the iPad even though the html version of the tc2000 on iPad does show the same styles. Not sure why the native iPad version does not.

Apologize for brining up all these issues. I am a big fan of tc2000 but I find that worden has dropped the ball completely on their iPad version whose features are far below in comparison to their desktop platform and more importantly far below in quality and features coverage to other mobile charting platform I have used. 

Would love to see that improved very soon as mobile is something very important and is a growing platform every charting vendor is working towards rolling out the best.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and let me know if you need any clarifications on any of the points mentioned above.

It will also be good to get some sense when these will be solved. 

Thank you and have a good weekend.
Buster
DT_
Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 11:15:11 AM

I agree,tc2000 for ipad can be improved a lot in the above mentioned ways. The basic features like drawing lines should be there. Would be great if the above features are added to improve tc2k expeirence on ipad

mpetrader
Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:53:26 PM

Agree with many of these suggestions.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 11:41:53 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know when or if a particular suggestion will be implemented or bug fixed.

Thank you for your suggestions and bug reports. They have been assigned case number 9942.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Telework
Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:24:55 AM

At least you have an app for iPad.  I'm on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and there is no app available.

The HTML 5 app is even more limited than the iPad versionas far as I can tell from the description above The daily chart only displays  30 bars and there is no ability to zoom in or out on a daily chart. There is no ability to more back in time and the interface is glitchy at best with the Silk browser. The watchlist and chart will often go black until you refresh the page and there is no ability to manipulate the template or delete or add indicator panes.

I would love to see a real mobile application for TC2000 someday that is high resolution and really works well. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:27:10 PM

Worden Trainer

I have run TC2000 on a Kindle Fire HD 7 using Splashtop (so it is actually running on my Windows computer at home). I am sure this would work even better on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9. Other remote desktop software should work as well, but I have only used Splashtop.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Anek
Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:02:19 PM

QUOTE (busterram)

Hey there,

I am a big fan of tc2000 desktop version but have been having many problems in the iPad version. So I thought I would catalog all the problems, usability issues and feature deficiency to use tc2000 on iPad. WIthout resolving these issues I find it very difficult and challenging to use the iPad version of tc2000.

1. Better use of the space in iPad
In the iPad, the space is split between the list of symbols on the left and chart on the right.

Is there a way for me to maximize the chart. In other words, I pick a symbol and would like to hide the list of symbols and use the whole area to view the chart in full screen mode. Allow the list of symbols window to be minized and brought back to normal size.

Possible to do this? This would help to get better use the real estate.

2. Panning the chart to the left.
I can only zoom or unzoom but cannot pan to the left.

3. The styles set in the desktop do not match with the styles set in the iPad. iPad style gets messed up.

4. Flipping through timeframes
Most times when I monitoring I would quickly want to go to an instrument and click daily, 60 and 15 mins. The current dropdown is not helpful. It will be useful to allow user to configure 3 buttons to quicly flip through couple of timeframes easily.

5. Drawing tools
I cannot draw any lines on the iPad. Even just allowing drawing trendlines and horizontal lines would be a good start.

6. Easy scans
Not all easy scans created in desktop are available in the iPad.

7. Performance
iPad is also lot slower than the desktop.

8. Screen display
Split the screen to display two charts. Like weekly on the left and daily on the right similiar to what I can do on the desktop. do not need all the configurations. Just one or two templates would do.

9. Adding indicators
I cannot quicly add an indicator in iPad.

10. Forex display value. Last 2 digits truncated
You need to show 4 digits for forex in iPad. It shows 1.32 and looses the two last important digits. It makes the use of tc2000 ipad version for forex completely useless. I am very surprised this was not caught in the quality testing for iPad.

11. Toggle indicator windows
Since space in iPad is small, would like to minimize the indicator or bring it back.

12. List of styles not shown
The styles that show in the desktop do not match with the styles that show in the native version of the iPad even though the html version of the tc2000 on iPad does show the same styles. Not sure why the native iPad version does not.

Apologize for brining up all these issues. I am a big fan of tc2000 but I find that worden has dropped the ball completely on their iPad version whose features are far below in comparison to their desktop platform and more importantly far below in quality and features coverage to other mobile charting platform I have used. 

Would love to see that improved very soon as mobile is something very important and is a growing platform every charting vendor is working towards rolling out the best.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and let me know if you need any clarifications on any of the points mentioned above.

It will also be good to get some sense when these will be solved. 

Thank you and have a good weekend.
Buster

Very good post, this person took the time to post some of the major problems with TC2000 right now.

yiupang91
Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:42:41 AM

i agree. These changes would be great on a future release.

topoloco1
Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:43:43 AM

ditto

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:39:54 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been appended to case number 9942.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
levalencia
Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:50:01 PM

I wanted to confirm this bug.

The workspaces on the desktop version are not the same ones on the ipad. Some are there, some are not.

The charts, are not the same, some chart defautls are there, some others are not, the same with easyscans.

I suppose its a syncrhonization problem?

busterram
Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:02:59 PM

Wanted to see if there has been any update on this? Can you please provide 

1. If this is going to be addressed or is this something worden does not plan to address?

2. Rough estimate on when its going to be addressed if the plan is to address them?

Thx.

B

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:55:47 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know when or if any particular feature request or bug fix might be implemented.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
busterram
Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:10:18 PM

Hey Bruce,

I am following up on this post I posted back in Jan 2013. It has been more than 2.5 yrs and wanted to see if any of the issues been updated?

I just went to the iOS App store and I see that the last updated version was 1.2.1 updated on Jun 19, 2012 which is more than 3.5 yrs ago.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tc2000/id427029101?ls=1&mt=8

This is one of the top 10 things missing in tc2000. See details at....

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=63419

It would be great if you can find a concrete answer (and not the standard answer) from your development / product management team as they are hiding behind the curtain with zero accountability. 

Thank you for your help.