Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Watchlist Memo Column Request Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
thallstd
Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 9:31:32 AM

Im trading binary options, which have limited availability with any given broker.  So I will be using several brokers.

I want to add a memo column in my watchlist so I can denote which broker I want to trade each asset with.  

I tried using My Notes but instead of seeing the note it just shows a date stamp.

A "Memo" column type would be nice.  Something where you could use the edit column properties pane to enter a note and it shows whatever is entered.

Is this possible now?  If not, please consider it for a future release.

Thanks,

Ty

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 10:56:32 AM

Worden Trainer

It is not currently possible. Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 9817.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
MoreAces
Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2016 11:57:02 AM

you could open a window to read you notes any time you select the symbol on the chart (much like having a window open that shows you messages each time you have an alert trigger etc) 

Open a window using Notes and news, then uncheck the boxes for everything except your Private Notes, Then place that window somewhere it will always be visible -  Then you will see your NOTE 

Also interested to know if you are still trading Binary Options.  Trying to figure out reputable broker looks like to most challenging part of giving that a try

Typhoon Flyer
Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:17:58 PM

I support more note/memo options as well.  I'm an old MetaStock user who just switched to TC2000 v16 and one thing I'm missing right away is a comment field associated with various objects like formulas, indicators, watchlists, layouts, etc.  There are many useful purposes to which such fields could be put.  For example I need some candlestick formulas and am running into the issue of multiple available scripts for a given candlestick which return slightly different results because they define the candlestick differently.  I need a comment field in my candlestick formula to make a note about which version I'm using and maybe even copies of the other scripts for that candlestick.  For this purpose even a new COMMENT symbol (like # maybe) that would allow comments inside of formula scripts would work to solve that problem but a broader solution might be preferable.  The existing My Notes structure could work for all objects if there could be an object identifier system (like the existing stock symbol automatically placed in the note) set up and a Notes button added to all objects.  The My Notes viewing window could offer new tabs (This Chart, Formulas, Indicators, etc.) that could be filtered to sort the notes related to any displayed objects.  Just an idea.

gsconner
Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:24:19 PM

Great suggestion.  A freeform column.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:40:28 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles