Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Typhoon Flyer
About
User Name: Typhoon Flyer
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Missing and duplicate watchlists
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 11:03:02 PM

I've reported this to TC2000 support but wondered if others are experiencing the same problems.  Within the last couple of weeks I've had multiple problems with newly created watchlists not showing up in the available lists.  These are watchlists I've created from scans.  Some/most of the time the process works correctly but there are several variations of the problem.

1. Newly created watchlist isn't shown in watchlist selection screen.  Creating the watchlist a second time works but sometimes I then see two of the watchlist with one of them empty.

2. Sometimes when I delete the empty watchlist it shows back up after a few minutes.  Most of the time it stays gone.

3. I've had cases where older - like a day or two - watchlists which were fine are suddenly missing all their stocks even though the watchlist still exists.

TC2000 support acknowledged the problem and were able to restore some watchlists.  They are working on finding and fixing the problem.

I've found and reported several glitches in TC2000 in the 6 months I've been using it.  Things like Notes being attached to the wrong stocks and/or linked to the wrong charts.  Trades (all paper trades so far) executing at the wrong time/price.  Good For Day trades hanging around unexecuted for more than a day.

Responses from support are typically timely and often contain good comprehension/grasp of the issue with a focused response.  However, about half the time I wonder if I'm communicating with someone for whom English is a second language.  More than once I've gotten responses that address some issue I never raised, while not addressing any of the issues I DID raise, along with a comment encouraging me to let them know if I needed any additional help - as if they think they've answered the question. In more than half the cases the issue isn't resolved and gets kicked to "the development team" with no ETA on the fix.  FYI, I spent 25 years in all aspects of IT so I know how to talk to people about software issues.

I've invested a lot of time and effort in TC2000, not to mention the monthly fee, but I'm starting to think it's not reliable enough to risk using it to invest real money.  There's a lot I like about TC2000 but am starting to be uneasy about what problem is going to pop up next.  Not running down the product at all, just feeling unsure.  Wondering what experiences others have had.

Thanks, Tom.

Topic: Why did my data disappear?
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:55:50 PM

Okay, it's back

Topic: Why did my data disappear?
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:17:22 PM

It's 7pm EST.  I booted up TC2000 and looked at a couple of stocks on the chart that was up when I last logged off.  No problem.  I clicked on one of the other chart tabs and suddenly there was no data, even though the stock name, sector and industry watermark for each selected stock appeared in the chart window.  Tried indexes - same thing.  Rebooted the computer - still no data.  Any ideas?

Topic: Types of orders available in paper trading account?
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:45:52 PM

Ahhhh....in the left lower corner!  I was distracted by the Buy/Sell links in the title bar and the items under the Trading menu.  Thanks again.  Just a suggestion for the future - they could add Close to those two other areas and it would be more obvious, especially since none of it is documented.  Overall I'm very pleased with this product.

Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:05:21 PM

I only have Buy and Sell bracketing the symbol in the title bar.  When I select the Trading menu item and look at Order Templates there are only various ones for Buy and Sell.  I don't see the word "Close" or anything similar.  Where is this option supposed to be?

Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:53:58 AM

Oops, maybe I should have asked.  How do I close it without buying the shares back?  Don't see any choice for that.

Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:38:33 PM

Thanks

Posted: Monday, February 8, 2016 11:22:07 PM

Don't see a forum for V16 so I'm asking here.  Have searched various places (PDF manual, this forum & website) and can't find any explanations of the order options in the fake "paper" trading account I set up in TC2000.  I'm specifically looking for how to enter short sales and buybacks.  Do I use the normal sell and buy orders (will TC2000 figure out what I'm doing?) or are there special choices I just haven't found yet?  Thanks.

Topic: Watchlist Memo Column Request
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:17:58 PM

I support more note/memo options as well.  I'm an old MetaStock user who just switched to TC2000 v16 and one thing I'm missing right away is a comment field associated with various objects like formulas, indicators, watchlists, layouts, etc.  There are many useful purposes to which such fields could be put.  For example I need some candlestick formulas and am running into the issue of multiple available scripts for a given candlestick which return slightly different results because they define the candlestick differently.  I need a comment field in my candlestick formula to make a note about which version I'm using and maybe even copies of the other scripts for that candlestick.  For this purpose even a new COMMENT symbol (like # maybe) that would allow comments inside of formula scripts would work to solve that problem but a broader solution might be preferable.  The existing My Notes structure could work for all objects if there could be an object identifier system (like the existing stock symbol automatically placed in the note) set up and a Notes button added to all objects.  The My Notes viewing window could offer new tabs (This Chart, Formulas, Indicators, etc.) that could be filtered to sort the notes related to any displayed objects.  Just an idea.