Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to create an association in folder options of control panel to view patch notes. Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mc7e
Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 11:01:44 AM

When I attempt to access "new release patch notes" I get a popup that says "This file does not have a program with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel."

While I can find the folder options in the control panel, I'm not sure how to create an association for it. Does anyone have any idea how this is done?
newbmw
Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 11:20:05 AM

I think what you're looking for is described here.  If you're using Win 7, go to Start / Control Panel /  Programs / Default Programs / Make a file type always open in a specific program.  Just go here, scroll down the list and pick your file type extenstion. Then double-click on it and it'll allow you to change the default program.

In Win 7, this is where you set the file association.  In other Win OS like XP, it may be in a different location.

Good luck.

newbmw

mc7e
Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 12:28:54 PM

I'm using xp, but I think I really just failed in being more specific.  I know how to get to folder options in control panel. What I don't know is how to create a file association for Worden. Suppose I want the file to open as a simple txt document. How to associate that with Worden's file is what I don't know about.  I suppose I'm too used to these files just opening up automatically with every other program on my computer

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 3:11:00 PM

Worden Trainer

Are you talking about the file that comes up when you select Help from the menu of TC2000 version 12 and choose Release Notes? If so, it is just a standard .htm file designed to come up in a web browser. The only reason it wouldn't come up is if your operating system has somehow lost its normal file association with .htm files (which should just bring up your chosen web browser).

How to change or select which program starts when you double-click a file in Windows XP

If you are talking about something else, you will need to provide more details as I do not seem to have "new release patch notes" as an available option or file on my computer (and I have all of Worden Brothers' products installed).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
mc7e
Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:11:27 PM

"New release patch notes" was at the top left corner of my version 12.3 up through this past Monday. Now its gone. As for opening htm files with my operating system, I never had a problem opening this worden link before and I don't have any problem opening htm links with any other program. Nevertheless, since the link is now gone from ver 12.3, how do I find the most recent release notes?

mc7e
Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:12:41 PM

Correction: Above I stated "new release patch notes" was at the top left, and I meant to say it was at the top right. 

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:20:31 PM

Administration

Click Help > Release Notes to view the latest.  The link in the upper right shows up when new release notes are posted as a reminder but once you view them that link goes away.