Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

data differences between Platinum and Gold version of TC2000 Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
MarkSessions
Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:07:02 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

What is the differece between the "true streaming" data offered in the Platinum version vs the data that is provided in the Gold version of TC2000.  What are the benefits of having the true streaming data over the data that is provided in Gold version
bbruin
Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:28:11 AM
The GOLD version is based on the BATS exchange while the Platinum version takes into account all the exchanges.  So what does that really mean?  If you put some stocks side by side usiing Gold and Platinum, you will see a lag in the correct price.  That's because some stocks trade on the BATS only every few minutes while there has been actual trading on the other exchanges - so you could see a price for Gold at e.g. $10.43 while it really is at $10.65.

I have found that for heavily traded stocks, it doesn't really matter because there are enough trades directed to the BATS exchange all the time.

So if you are day trading heavily traded stocks, it may not matter - though you could still have a difference of a few cents - but if you are trying to day trade a stock that is only trading1 Million shares, then Gold would probably be useless.

If you are swing trading and are planning to hold for several days, then the difference may not matter.
MarkSessions
Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:12:35 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Thanks for info.  Yes I have noticed a discrepany when trading UPRO and ERX. THere is quite often during the day discrepancies between the price listed on the TC2000 charts and the data i am getting from ameritrade that shows all of the exchanges, so i go to the chart of the S&P 500 to smooth out my charts.  I would like to sign up to the Platinum version.  THX Mark
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 9:24:38 AM

Worden Trainer

Customer service can upgrade you to Platinum.

All e-mail communication sent to support@worden.com during business hours (Monday through Friday 9AM-9PM and Saturday 9AM-3PM ET except holidays) should be answered within 20 minutes of arrival.

For an even quicker response to non-technical support issues, we recommend calling our toll free sales line at (800) 776-4940. The number outside of the United States is not toll free: (919) 294-1111. In addition to our normal business hours, you should also be able to contact us by telephone on Sundays from 9AM-3PM ET.

You can also contact us using Live Chat Support during business hours.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles