Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Industry Group List Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
garypayne
Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 3:01:06 PM
In v 11 I have a link that opens the list of stocks from the industry group when i click on the main group. When I upgraded to v 12 it was lost, Can this still be done?
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, January 9, 2012 3:15:18 PM

Worden Trainer

The WatchList linking is more advanced in TC2000 version 12 than in TC2000 version 11. There is a colored S in the upper right hand corner of each chart and WatchList. It is the Symbol Linking icon. You can link it specifically to other items on the chart or WatchList where the Symbol Link is blue, red, orange or green. Setting the symbol link to yellow will cause it to change when the blue, red, orange or green is changed. Setting the symbol link to gray will mean the symbol will not change unless you specifically change thy symbol for that chart.

Organizing Your Workspaces

Two of the WatchLists available are Main Industry and Sub-Industry (under where it says Quick Lists and Create New Personal WatchLists when you change the Active WatchList). If either of these are selecting, the WatchList will display the Main Industry or Sub-Industry components of any symbol which is selected in another WatchList with the same Symbol Link color.

WatchLists Keep You Organized

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Herky_love
Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:51:34 PM

That's certalnly a very nice feature.

Currently I have a layout group of several tabs.  On one tab I have two watchlists and a chart template.  The chart template is linked to the master watchlist via the Blue Group.  The master watchlist is a custom watchlist of only market groups.  I have created custom watchlists containing all the sub-industries of the major market groups (named by MG number).  The secondary watchlist on this layout tab is linked to the red group.

On another tab, the watchlist is linked to the Red Group (as is the chart template on that tab).

After customizing the chart and saving it, I then saved that layout group.

Now when I launch the layout group, the master watchlist of groups shows up sorted by custom column indicators, the chart is linked to the master watchlist active item.  I can then open the sub-industry watchlist in the secondary wathclist panel (and it'll be sorted according to custom column indicators).  When I select one of the sub-industries in that secondary watchlist, the components of the subindustry appear in the watchlist panel on the other tab, and the chart on the other tab is linked to the active component of the components watchlist on the components tab.

Very nice.