Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

SPY Data Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
PRSC24
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:36:51 PM
Question regarding SPY OHLC data.Background:I created two custom ROC indicators as described by Woodshedder at http://ibankcoin.com/woodshedderblog/category/roc-indicator/ and TC2007 matches all his ROC5 results but the ROC252 is not close. The ROC5 is (C-C5)/C5*100 and the ROC252 is (C-C252)/C252*100. I downloaded SPY data from the Yahoo site and then both numbers match Woodshedder’s. Next I checked the results at Stockcharts and there’s too matches Woodshedder’s. Example, using TC2007 on 11/8/11 the ROC5 is 4.82 and the ROC252 is 5.7. Stockcharts as of 11/8/11 is ROC5: 4.82 but the ROC252 is 7.25. Question:Three separate sources provide the same results for the ROC252 but Worden’s long term data for SPY is different. Can you tell me why that is? Thanks
StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 10:46:37 PM

Administration

We don't back dividends into stock data.  The dividend payouts over the last year effectively reduce the price 1 year ago by about $2.40 which results in a higher ROC.