Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

JVA vs GMCR Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
alindsley
Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:54:29 PM

I just posted this eval over in the Yahoo forums and thought someone here might be interested in reading it and sharing your thoughts.

GMCR is all-most to the bottom of it's (probably) new cup base img263.imageshack.us/img263/7936/gmcr.png

JVA, on the other hand, is about a month ahead of GMCR. JVA probably is finishing up its POH (pullback on high) retesting presently at the 38.2% fib line.

I look to see JVA take off perhaps next week or so and begin it's new move up into Impulse Wave 3. The longest of the impulse moves img171.imageshack.us/img171/1047/jva.png . Did you notice the bottom of this base pulled back almost exactly to the 78.6% fib line from it's introduction into the market. A perfect Elliott wave pullback to end wave 2.

GMCR, however, may be another month or longer to be at this same place in time building a new base. However somewhere right around here may well be the bottom of the bottom of it's cup (if that is what it turns out to be). However GMCR has only pulled back some 50% from its lows and could easily continue down for awhile imho. Although Wave 4 normally will not pull back much further (61.8 would sure be nice though).

It might also be worth noting I read that Green Mountain represents 47% of Coffee Holding's revenue GMCR is JVA's Biggest Customer.

Per Wordens new TC2000 the P/E Ratio for GMCR is 91.20, JVA is 24.20

I've also noted JVA's Bollinger Bands are beginning a new channel as they begin to tighten up img62.imageshack.us/img62/1078/jva2.png . Moneystream remains above it's 22d sma, while BOP remains above it's positive line. I suspect it should turn strong green sometime soon before er. While GMCR continues dropping out of the bottom of its bands.

I've begin buying a position in JVA once again.