Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Polls within webinars Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
akspeculations
Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:17:55 PM

There was a poll in todays webinar and what I found very frustrating was the inability to vote in the poll.  The options were as follows:

-Paper Trader <--- Would be nice, but I'm not too itchy for this.

-Real-Time Conditional Alerts <----- The far superior-most-advanced-option (IMO, what I would've voted for if I could vote)

-Pre & post-market data included on charts <--- Have no idea why we don't have his already.

-Data for Index Futures (E-Minis) <--- I'm sure future traders would love this, though I don't trade futures too frequently.

-Trade directly from Platform <--- This would only favor particular brokerages, so I don't think it's a fair option that will serve the whole community.

not to sound condescending - but all of these options are great.  Many competitors offer some of these (if not all), and furthermore, some may outweigh others.  Some I believe are a no brainer, and leave me still astonished at the lack of such features.  If I had to choose from one I would vote for conditonal alerts because this would be a great option.  Like a trendline break alert, imagining an alert that occurs on an intray or daily basis OR WEEKLY.. etc... stating an oversold/overbought stochastic or RSI would be mind blowing.  This would appeal to any intraday trader for sure, and be a very NICE option that would once again bring glory to tc.  In fact it would appeal to any trader.  What seperates TC2000 and Stock Finder from the rest is this convinient (user friendly IMO) scanner.  The alert system is okay, (I find the trendline alerts quite useful).

What I am trying to get at, is the reasoning behind posting a poll within a webinar.  Why not post it online on the worden website?  I got excited at this idea that worden was going to consult with us users for what should be implemented next, only to realize that I was cheated out of this opportunity to contribute my opinion on what should be implemented next.  For whatever reason I couldn't vote even though I attended the webinar, and that was my PRIMARY reason for attendind the webinar.

Finally, all of these great features should be implemented.  I think they're all great in their own shape or form.  It'd be cool to hear what others have to say to this.

-akspeculations

Putt4Dough
Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:30:34 AM

I didn't have a problem voting last night (I was using a Windows PC w/ the latest version of IE) but that's not the only option for giving Worden feedback...

There is a specific mailbox for TC2000 email feedback: feedback@tc2000.com.

I use it all the time ... especially after I've written some RealCode in StockFinder and then try to write something in TC2000's PCF (Pretty Crappy Formula) Language. Just kidding ... I know the Worden programmers are hard at work adding features (like last night's scaling) and I say a little prayer every night that RealCode (or something like it) shows up in TC2000 soon.

I agree that a poll on the website is a good idea, and lots of sites have them, so I don't think it would take a lot of time to implement ... but if it comes down to choosing between implementing a website poll and real-time conditional alerts, the programmers better be working on the !@#$%& alerts.

akspeculations
Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:37:12 AM
Real code for TC2000 is what we really need, and I agree. I would also love for an offline version of the program that can save data to be viewed offline. I feel these features would make it unbeatable - (real code or similar variant (with more complexity than pcf PLEASE), realtime conditional alerts, offline version of the program). That would surely kick butt.
diceman
Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:57:06 AM

How can you show a bear flag or bull flag without a poll?  

Thanks
diceman