Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

hotkey to measure point-to-point % change on a chart Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Snake69
Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 5:13:52 PM
I was recently at a seminar and the trainer showed a hotkey to draw a line that then brings up a window to allow you to change dates. The window also showed the % change between those two data points.

I can't recall what that hotkey was?

Also, is there a way to link two charts dates together. I see options to link their symbols and the chart timeframe (such as 1 minute, 5 minutes, daily, etc.). But, is there a way to link two charts so that  they both show the same dates on the chart? That is, from Feb. 4, 2010 to Aug. 17, 2011 with daily bars, etc.?

Lastly, does the daily data only go back to about 2009? I loved that Telechart would go back decades if the symbol went back that far.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
bobre1
Posted : Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:59:03 PM
QUOTE (Snake69)
I was recently at a seminar and the trainer showed a hotkey to draw a line that then brings up a window to allow you to change dates. The window also showed the % change between those two data points.

I can't recall what that hotkey was?

I believe you're thinking of "shift + t"..... it's the equivalent of going to the "Tools" menu and clicking on "custom date sort."

The "custom date sort" menu selection should have the hot key accelerator (shift + t) next to it... it's a standard windows programming convention and I have submitted a suggestion that it be incorporated.

Bob
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 8:05:26 AM

Worden Trainer

If you have Use TeleChart 2007 Hot Keys checked under Tools | System Defaults, you can also use "c" as the hot key.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Snake69
Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 6:16:36 PM
Thank you so much. I kept thinking it was CTRL-T, but never thought to try Shift-T.

Cheers.
Snake69
Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 6:24:01 PM
Any thoughts on these other issues:

Is there a way to link two charts dates together. I see options to link their symbols and the chart timeframe (such as 1 minute, 5 minutes, daily, etc.). But, is there a way to link two charts so that  they both show the same dates on the chart? That is, from Feb. 4, 2010 to Aug. 17, 2011 with daily bars, etc.?

Lastly, does the daily data only go back to about 2009? I loved that Telechart would go back decades if the symbol went back that far.

StockGuy
Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 9:48:18 PM

Administration

There's not currently a way to link two charts by date, but I'll submit that as a feature suggestion for you. I know others have asked for the same thing and we keep these requests logged and counted in a database.

The charts show 500 bars of data, or about two years on a daily chart.  If you select a higher time frame, 2-day, weekly, etc. you can see further back.