Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Snake69
About
User Name: Snake69
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 31
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Trying to figure out easyscans
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 6:31:42 PM

I created an EasyScan in Telechart 2007 that just referenced a very simple PCF. The PCF had about 3 criteria, mostly just looking at price change over the last day and a few simple volume and absolute price criteria. 

I then went into TC 2000 v12 and imported my easyscans from TC 2007. Everything was done correctly. But, when I go into the Easyscan button in v12, my scan is not there. I see it listed under the conditions button, where I can then click the easyscan arrow to run it. But, it doesn't run 100% correctly. In fact, it ignores the volume criteria and pulls up stocks that would fail that criteria.

Ironically, on my iphone app, this scan is listed under easyscans, but also pulls up the stocks that fail the volume criteria.

Anyth help would be appreciated.

Topic: Wish List
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 6:27:16 PM

It would be great if TC 2007 could download 5-minute bars. I love the way you can scroll through the charts bar by bar with the bracket button and would love to analyze 5-minute charts that way. A couple of hundred days worth with be excellent.

Also, I would love to see an implementation of PCFs where we could create a PCF and have the program list all the stocks over a certain time frame that met that criteria and list the dates. So, instead of testing only the day the PCF references and returning true, it would reference all days going back XX number of days and return the date it was true.

Topic: How to add indicators of indicators in TC2000 v12
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:27:40 PM
So, couldn't create something like say an indicator that is the [ (50 day simple moving average * 2) + 200 day simple moving average) ] and apply it to a rate of change chart or some other indicator?
Topic: TC2000 v12 training
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 5:46:03 PM
thank you.
Topic: TC2000 v12 training
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 5:30:45 PM
Where can I find some videos or information on using TC2000 v12? There's a lot that has changed in this version and I wasn't even much of a power user with the old Telechart. I'd like to get up to speed on how to use all of the new functionality to run screens and create indicators, etc.

Thanks for any help.
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 1:45:35 AM
ok....almost had it all figured out.

Is there a way to apply custom-built indicators or PCFs to other indicators on the chart (instead of just to price)?
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 1:43:41 AM
Never mind...I figured it out...when you go to add the new indicator you get to select what data series you want it applied to. 

cheers.
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2011 1:41:48 AM
Is there a way to add an indicator to an indicator in TC2000 v12.

For example, if I have Rate of Change plotted under my price chart, can I add the moving average of that rate of change indicator into the rate of change section?
Topic: hotkey to measure point-to-point % change on a chart
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 6:24:01 PM
Any thoughts on these other issues:

Is there a way to link two charts dates together. I see options to link their symbols and the chart timeframe (such as 1 minute, 5 minutes, daily, etc.). But, is there a way to link two charts so that  they both show the same dates on the chart? That is, from Feb. 4, 2010 to Aug. 17, 2011 with daily bars, etc.?

Lastly, does the daily data only go back to about 2009? I loved that Telechart would go back decades if the symbol went back that far.

Topic: hotkey to measure point-to-point % change on a chart
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 6:16:36 PM
Thank you so much. I kept thinking it was CTRL-T, but never thought to try Shift-T.

Cheers.