Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Thinking about upgrading to Platinum Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mcubas
Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 11:19:03 AM
Hello All,

I am seriously considering upgrading to platinum, but I would like to know if any of you can give me some reviews on the difference it makes in your trading, as the monthly price is a little steep and I want to make sure i will be getting my money's worth.

thanks! 
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:42:52 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

If you are just looking for Charts, most discount Brokerage Accounts provide all the real time info you could possibly use for free.  Normally, I flip back and forth between TD Ameritrade and TC2000 v11 Gold as needed.  
Bill Baker
Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:28:39 AM
sky walker is correct.  You can access the thinkorswim platform for free with an ameritrade account.
I think all you need is a minimum of $2000 to open an account, and it will give you access to those tools.
You can do plenty of EOD, or real time studies, scanning, and anything you can think of.
You can program your own indicators and trade the data of your brokerage in case of discrepancies.
Plenty of TOS, Level II, and totalview as well as any time frame you one for your charts from a tick to 60 min, and from a day to 10 yrs.
It has a bit of learning curve, but with a supperb customer service you will be up and running in no time.

Bill Baker
Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:33:57 AM
Oh! forgot to mention.  YOu can run the thinkorswing platform in windows or Mac, but fluidly.
Most important - you can run it on Ubuntu Linux.  And that is solid.

good luck.
mcubas
Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 10:25:20 AM

Thanks guys, I have Etrade, and also get real-time features. I think Gold is good for me.

davidmorales
Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 2:13:46 AM
thats ok till u need an indicator that is used here or is owned by worden that u use for signals!
akspeculations
Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 4:20:53 AM
Platinum is worth it if you are trading intraday - period. No buts or ifs. If you know what to scan for you can be pulling off nice gains in just a few hours of trading each week. It all just depends on your risk tolerance of course. And the ability to MINIMIZE losses, meaning call a bad trade as it is. My majority of my trades last a few hours to a week or two. Platinum for it's ability to run PCFs and scan on 240 min 120 min and 60 min intervals (or less) makes it VERY worth it.